SOTD : Saturday 11 September to Friday 17 September 2021.

SOTD : 12th September 2021.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D2)
Razor: Valet Auto Strop VC1.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien Aqua ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday SOTD

OFiKBEe.jpg

Karve CB Gladius OC level D / Polsilver Super Iridium
Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌& Aftershave

Sunday, 12 September

PreShave: Warm water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Almond
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Gillette & O’clock Yellow (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 71/72

A good, three-pass Sunday shave, except the blade felt a bit rough. It was rougher than usual yesterday, but thought that was symptomatic of a first use. After this morning’s rough shave, I replaced it (they’re cheap enough). Hopefully that will do the trick.

The Almond cream (my first use of this) was a joy—great fragrance!

Have a good remainder of the weekend, folks.

12/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - NOS Schick J1 1958-64
Blade - NOS Schick Stainless Steel Injector (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Wk37   (2).JPG
Its amazing what you find when you are looking for something else, while going through the "box of plenty" yesterday i found a NOS J1 i had forgotten about. Todays razor choice was easy.
So, i removed the cardboard head protector and fitted a NOS blade from the set which pushed out the dummy blade, sorted.
I was so surprised at how gentle and efficient this razor is, the shave angle is typical to all injectors i have tried. i had to check to see if i had the blade in correctly, the shave cream and rinse water said yes, the face feel was saying, are you sure there's a blade in it? Comfortable? i should Coco.
A couple of very slight angle adjustments for each XTG and ATG passes with the audio rising a bit and bingo.
A very enjoyable shave.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sun 12 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 (Belong to me now..YaY!)
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Absolutely love this soap! Intoxicating icy scent with nice creamy and slick lather!
Dorko has returned freshly honed on Ozuku and this time the razor will stay...for a loooong time. The edge was brilliant...sharp, very smooth, and comfortable. 3passes without any issues for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs best ever SR result! Matching splash truly enhanced the intoxicating scent and the icy feel!
20210912_154448.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 1 (3).jpg

Soap - Stirling Gin & Tonic on the Rocks
Brush - Razorock Bruce 24mm Plissoft
Bowl - Fine Lather Bowl
Razor - Razorock SLOC
Blade - Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless ( Russia ) (2)
A/S Balm - Lea 3 in1
A/S - Faberge / Brut Aquatonic

I received the razor and a couple of Stirling soap samples yesterday. It's my first use of Stirling soap and first use of any open comb razor.
Been slow to try out the Stirling soaps. I found this one to be a slightly sharp citrus scent with some menthol. Didn't really get any Gin & Tonic vibe from it. Scent is just ok but very good performing soap.
Found the SLOC razor to be very comfortable and had an excellent trouble free shave with it. The Russian Gillette 7 o'clock blades are one of the best for me so it's one of my choices in a new razor.
Had an excellent shave and on first impressions the SLOC razor and Stirling soaps are both winners.

SOTD Epic Sunday morning shave
Canny pre shave oil supplied by my mate Joe. Pearl Flexi with a Dorco Titan
DS cosmetics 22mm badger brush
Signature 'Hibernia' soap Brut AS and Bulldog balm.
Awesome shave with the pearl this morning, largely thanks to a glorious lather produced by this soap which is slick thick and creamy. Three passes with the Pearl on settings 3, 2.5 and 2. Pick ups were on 1.5 not that there were many of those. All finished with Brut and Bulldog balm. Happy Shaving

Attachments

• 20210912_101656.jpg
    20210912_101656.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom