SOTD : Saturday 11 September to Friday 17 September 2021.

605E1C4D-9DCA-41BF-99EC-4772C62C0491.jpeg

Prep: Shower with Boots No. 7 exfoliating face wash and PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: Cella.

Brush: Yaqi Orbital boar brush.

Razor: Karve B plate.

Blade: Willies

A lovely lazy Sunday 3 pass shave! The Yaqi brush is taking much longer to break in than my zenith but for the price I’m not surprised. Still love the handle shape, firmness and strength of the loft. A lovely start to the day. Enjoy your weekend.

View attachment 76745

Prep: Shower with Boots No. 7 exfoliating face wash and PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: Cella.

Brush: Yaqi Orbital boar brush.

Razor: Karve B plate.

Blade: Willies

A lovely lazy Sunday 3 pass shave! The Yaqi brush is taking much longer to break in than my zenith but for the price I’m not surprised. Still love the handle shape, firmness and strength of the loft. A lovely start to the day. Enjoy your weekend.
Using a Willies blade predictive text makes mugs of us all on occasion

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = London Bridge ( 2 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = Noble Otter The Noir Er Vanille with matching splash
Balm = Nivea

Brilliant shave again today
i keep saying it but the 6s is so underrated yet loved by the guys that have one.
I was a bit on the fence with Noble Otter soaps but i’m warming to them nicely and i love the scent of this Black Tea.

204C7DD7-6045-4627-9CFE-D1EC492FC9B8.jpeg
The Brush has been a class buy for me and to be honest every picture i take dosent really do it justice so thought i would add these two pics, although the picture dictates a different knot.
Enjoy your day boys
02163C54-1D1F-46D8-8263-B24F718486C7.png614E9423-BC0E-4435-89C0-A7BE90A659E0.png

Hi! Shave #47:
XqWb4pt.jpg

Pre: Handmade olive oil soap.
Lather: De Vergulde Hand stick.
Brush: Semogue TSN LE 2020.
Razor: Old German? travel head + Bob's Razor Works Bullmastiff deluxe handle.
Blade: Topaz (#2).

Take care and have a nice day!

12/9/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Soap - Intesa Shaving Cream
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Plissoft
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Lord Classic Stainless (2)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Pimento

I'd not used my tube of Intesa Shaving Cream for a while, and a small pea sized amount seems to produce a huge amount of lather, and it smells great but I seemed to have developed an allergy to it, which is quite unusual as I have used it a number of times before, and I have an Intesa aftershave lotion with the same scent that I have no problems using. I may give it another go tomorrow to see for sure, but otherwise it's another cream/soap to consign to my ever-growing list I have an allergy to that I will eventually PIF.
The shave itself was fine, I find Lord blades to be neither incredibly sharp or smooth but quite middle of the road, and sometimes that's enough to do the job.

Anyway chaps, have a good Sunday.

Sunday AM 2021-09-12
National Encouragement Day
IHJ35np.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage) + Rose Trilogy absolute/hydrosol
Paradigm 17-4/H&S Black
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (10)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave

The old AoS cream still has a little scent, but I like it to be pretty strong, so a few drops of the hydrosol help. And the aftershave is quite soothing and smells great; I just wish it didn't feel so tacky as it dries.
zSoRJNl.jpg

20210912_110541.jpg
SOTD 12th Sept
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap - WSP Citrus Blast
Razor - Merkur 37c Slant
Blade - Rockwell Swedish SS #2
Post - Barts Bergamot & Vanilla Balm
Nice, trouble free 3 passes for a DFS finish. Another cracker of a lather from Yaqi and WSP. Slick, shiney and tons of it.
This is a solid, dependable razor that I unfortunately overlook and don't use often enough. So this was a pleasant reminder to me to include the Slant in my rotation more often.
Take care all

Back
Top Bottom