IMG_20160909_215435.jpg

Zenith TS506 Synthetic
Blue's Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Ever Ready English 1912
GEM Stainless Coated #8
Alum > Duru Lemon Cologne
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
Al Rehab - Dakar

Initially intended a quick 2 pass, but was enjoying the 1st pass so much I increased it to 3. It's nice to get back to the 1912 for a classic shave. The Blue's is one jewel of a soap and so easy to work with.

Happy shaves!

Saturday 10th
IMG_20160909_215435.jpg

Zenith TS506 Synthetic
Blue's Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Ever Ready English 1912
GEM Stainless Coated #8
Alum > Duru Lemon Cologne
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
Al Rehab - Dakar

Initially intended a quick 2 pass, but was enjoying the 1st pass so much I increased it to 3. It's nice to get back to the 1912 for a classic shave. The Blue's is one jewel of a soap and so easy to work with.

Happy shaves!
The Blue's is a superb Soap..for it's price, performance & slickness it's a gem .;)

Captains star date 20160910.5

Captain fuzzy here,
Good and bad news,

probably had the best shave I have ever had,

Gold dollar SR (only on the cheek bits, until I became too scared) better scared than scar'd

Merkur progress
Wilkinson sword blade(2)
Omega pura setola brush
Maca root shaving cream,
Alum,
Nivea lotion
Hugo Boss dark blue

Shave was super smooth, but the baboons arse was back, it's not even where I lather my face, but my cheeks above the beard,

I think I will park the maca root for a month, then try it again, see if it makes a difference,

I only bought the Omega to see if it was better or worse than my current brush, that has no marking, it was smaller but worked ok, probably improve with use

Pre prep was a shower, so definitely no signs of clingons
The Omega will improve with use try giving it a few hand lathers to split the ends and to break it in more..you'll have a nice brush after a while...this works with my Semogues..as for the Baboons arse looking face again..did this accur again after you used ther Maca root cream, or after you applied The Hugo Boss dark Blue a/s.or before?look at the ingredients of the maca root cream,and see what's in it, then look at the creams or soap you use that don't cause the redness.this may help you.. as for myself if i use some sensitive skin products i get the Baboons arse look also :mad:.keep us informed mate.Regards.:)

Last edited:
What a gent! Thanks Fox...just ordered a few tins...at that price it sounds too good to be true...if I get hit with some massive import duty shite I won't be quite as happy and i may have to take up fox hunting! Until then, yo da man (I think that's what our US friends say...tho' what Yoda's got to do with it I don't know):confused::mad::(;):):D
May Blue's goats milk soap be with you!...:D

Good Afternoon Gents and welcome to the reckoning.

Today's shave was brought to you by our sponsor @Blademonkey (AKA Paul 'The Don').
Some of you have have already seen me post in the acquisitions thread, Paul's very generous 'red cross' parcel of shaving gear. So I thought it only fitting to dedicate this shave to Paul and use a number his gifts.
The brush, soap, blade and alum block are all from Paul.

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea face scrub and L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre: King of Shaves oil and hot towels.
Brush: The 'Blademonkey' badger.
Bowl: Aesop stainless Steel.
Soap: Proraso Green.
Razor: ATT R1
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless.
Aftershave balm: Dove sensitive.
Soundtrack: BIG BLACK 'Songs about F*cking'

Well I was a tad apprehensive using the Feather blade for the first time, due to its reputation of being the 'sharpest blade in the world' and being rough the first time you use them.
Well I needn't of worried. I found the blade very smooth and no sharper than a PolSilver. TBH I think the PolSilver are sharper.
The shave was very comfortable apart from a little irritation on my top lip under my nose. This was down to my technique and nothing else.

I thought the soap was great and easy to lather. One thing I noticed. It didn't leave much slickness, so I only shaved where there was lather.

It was also the first time using an alum block. There was a bit of a sting on my top lip but only a little. I left it on while cleaning the brush. I rinsed my face and the first phrase sprung to mind was 'locked in'. Big fan.
I used Dove's aftershave balm for the second time and really like. It's only cheap so worth a punt.

Thanks again to Paul for PIF loads of gear. I really appreciate it.

I think this forum is fantastic and the members are total gents. Yes I'm talking to you reading this right now!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
You are welcome Rob, I'm happy that you're happy.

Back
Top Bottom