Last edited:
Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (#3)
Brush - Vie-Long 04312 Cachurro Horse
Soap - Saponificio Varensino 70th Anniversary Soap
After - Frozen towel / Saponificio Varensino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Result - Dolphin Smooth

I've been waiting so long to try this beautiful combination and.........well......WOW!!! For a non-tallow soap to be this good, surely can't be right! The scent is secondary only to Dior's Fahrenheit in my book, very masculine. It certainly won't be my last SV soap, as it has everything I'm looking for, plus that scent. The aftershave is balm-like and the post shave feel is as good as it gets.
This is as good as shave as it's possible to get with a DE.

Thursday 3 March 2016

230259d1457016953-sun-february-28th-sat-march-05th-sotd-03032016.jpg

Mastro Livi Grifetto

Mastro Livi Grifetto is a stunning razor. I have three in my collection and they all are wonderful and lovely shavers. Including this one Mastro Livi made for me with mother of pearl scales. Mastro Livi Grifetto is available in six different models, all having the very same blade but different scales: olive wood, Grifetto 60, cocobolo, black African ebony, white mother of pearl and abalone. As I already have olive wood and Grifetto 60, I opted for mother of pearl scales and I must admit I am very charmed and amazed by their look and beauty. When Mastro Livi made this Grifetto for me, he allowed me to shoot a video about the making which I will publish soon on my Youtube channel. I guess many fellow wet shavers would be interested in watching how a Grifetto is made and to know more about the differences between a fully artisan made Mastro Livi straight razor and Grifetto.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush 89
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto Mother of Pearl, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Thursday AM 03-03-2016

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
D7 Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip (25mm/50mm)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo 'Stealth' Feather AS-D2/Triad 'Electric Blue' Aristocrat
Wilkinson London Bridge (6)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave balm (vintage)
froRzoB.jpg

Today's Shave
Muhle R89
Feather Blade
Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
TOBS Sensitve Skin
Blue Stratos aftershave splash
Geo.F.Trumper sandalwood Skinfood

Last time I tried TOBS Sensitive Skin I had a nasty reaction to it, or so I thought, but It looks like it was the crappy Derby blades I was using back then, shudder.

Results
BBS WTG

Fellow shavers :
Arko shave soap (yes I love the smell)
RR barber style synthetic brush
Merkur 25c oc
Gillette silver blues
nivea a / b
Finished off with a spray of Mont Blanc Starwalker.

fine shave and I smell great........
20160303_184911-480x640.jpg

Last edited:
Hey mate what Is that brush like?
It has the same knot as the L'Occitane Plisson brush which is generally regarded as one of the better synthetics, but in 22mm, with excellent backbone and super-soft tips. I personally prefer the RazoRock handle though, made of quality resin in a very comfortable shape and with nice weight to it.

RazoRock also make a 24mm in black resin handle (which is sold out at the moment) and a 26mm 'Monster' in swirl faux ivory handle. They are the best value-for-money synthetics currently availlable in my opinion. Mine arrived in 1 week from the US and they're not liable for VAT due to their low cost. Highly recommended!

Last edited:
First ever de shave!
Pre- hot bath
Soap- nans silly soap French lavender
Shave- Gillette tech with a feather blade( after the dog got into my sample packs and bent a few packs of blades!)
Post- classic splash ( free sample with the soaps)
nice smooth shave and my face already feels a lot better than after a mach 3 butcher!

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso Sandalwood Pre-shave cream
Soap: Baume.be
Brush: Muhle Travel synthetic
Razor: BIC Metal (3,4)
After: Aqua Velva Classic AS, Lea ASB

Travelling light in Iceland over the last couple of days proved very successful and I managed a near BBS each time with the tiny BIC Metal razor.

SOTD_20160301_zps8amtfuqs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom