Something I don't understand about Linux...

Not sure about the internet performance but might be able to fix the display issue. On mine it automatically sets the second screen - your TV - as an extension of the desktop, not a replacement for it. Something you may not have realised but you have several screens - usually about four - that you can work on independently of one another. Press Ctrl Alt Left Arrow and/or Ctrl Alt Right Arrow to see what I mean about switching desktops. It's likely either this is happening or it's making your TV an extension of the same desktop you normally work on - can you move the mouse off the monitor and see it reappear on your TV somewhere, and vice versa?
To get your TV to replicate what is on your monitor you should be able to go somewhere like System, Preferences, Display Settings (exact name and location varies). When there you should be able to tell it via a simple tickbox to replicate same image on both monitors.
I can't actually find this option on my version of Mint but on my wife's laptop it is easy to find. I am using a desktop called Cinnamon so if you have the same as me it could be trickier to find!
Hope this helps.

click on worktop and drag it to left of right till you see it on tv.

i confused myself the other day with my pc.

i have to use vga when in bios or cant see all the screen, when i went to the desktop i forgot to unplug it

was wierd that i couldnt find my files then swapped inputs and could see it

I understood it, sort of....

Not sorted it yet but I'm on the case. My 10lb sledgehammer sorts everything - the cure for all diseases!

balidey said:
Windows is Gillette Mach3.
Expensive, you have to use the same thing over and over again. The makers tell you its the best there is, but thats not necessarily true.

Linux is DE shaving.
Its cheaper, very customisable, you can have any combination of products. You use it to enjoy the experience.

MacOS is a Gillette Aristocrat.
Does the same as other DE razors, but is a lot more expensive so you can tell people how much better it is than their razor. It just works.

Nice analogy I think (from a long time Linux user: Mint Debian at home, Peppermint Linux at work on old pc)

Back
Top Bottom