slickest U.K available soap

Valobra or IColoniali are soaps that come to my mind when I think of slickness.

IColoniali is probably slicker than Valobra, but I find Valobra easier to lather up.

Both are a bit on the pricier side, but they are readily available at Connaughts

I
*cough*, 10 minutes is waaay too long Nishy. I know that's how you like doing things but whew, it's a long time to be lathering up.

Just mentioning to Wayne that you are a touch crazy,

Mart
disagree. The longer the better in my opinion. I lather for the time it takes for my chosen song to play, so 3 to 5 mins.

I concur with @OSP in that the creation of my lather is a part of the process that I love. The more luxuriant I can get it the better :cool: Like many of us, including James, I also have some music playing as I set about lathering up. IMO it's part of the process that shouldn't be rushed.

@wayne mattison I'll post a lathering video for you soon and show you how easy it can be to get a PB soap whipped up good and proper :) N.B I have really hard water here in Hitchin :eek:

I used to love taking ages to build up lather, in my bowls and scuttles. I've been using a brush now for over 4 years and I've already started taking shortcuts haha. Straight to the face and lather. My great grandad used to use a bowl, Im sure of it and he was around into his 90's.
Im lazy ha.

What i meant gents, is that i never use a bowl. In my eyes that does nothing to prep the face. I face lather as thats what removes the natural oils that hard the hair, and replaces them with soap and water to soften the hair.

I'm in the same camp as James, above. Face lathering works well for me, always has, and being retired I can mostly take as much time as I choose for one of the few moments of luxury in my day. So it's not to save time I don't bowl lather, but because I get a more enjoyable shave working the lather up on the rather lined old face.

JohnnyO. o/

If I face-lathered for 5-10 mins, I would look like I'd lost some sort of face slapping contest! When I shave my face I have to bowl lather & keep the skin time of the brush to a minimum. I face shave only every 2-3 days.

In contrast to my face, I head shave daily and on days that I head shave only, I don't bother with a bowl & spend just a couple of minutes building lather. Any soap that can't produce slick lather in that amount of time doesn't get a spot in my rotation.

Disclaimer - I've never tried OSP or P&B, so my early recommendations of Valobra & Icoloniali are not a reflection on OSP or P&B. I hope to try some of our British artisan soaps soon.

Thanks @Reevers we have replenished our stock again and all scents are now available. Samples will be back up soon. We're waiting on the labels for our little pots.

Best regards,

Kerry.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I haven't tried OSP as yet (will put that right), but the slickest I have used, hands down, is P&B.

Need to do a proper review, but the shaves I get from P&B, both Sanskrit and Citra Royale, are up there with the best, and the slickness, for me, is part of that. Lovely, smooth shaves.

Back
Top Bottom