Shaving too complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really do see things that aren't there, don't you Obelix.
I always wonder why, when someone wishes to flounce from a forum, they have to announce it publicly and implore the admin to, "cancel their account", personally I wouldn't give such a thing a second thought, I'd just ignore the offending poster or just leave the site.
Carry on with your valuable contributions to the forum, I promise I won't respond, unless you refer to me.

See the problem? Even this is weird, because this "isn't what you would do". Normality is "what you would do"... Why do you even care how one decides to leave the forum? What's in it for you? It's his free will to say goodbye or not, isn't it... If you are so interested in the way i say goodbyes, i will it analyze it for you. But please, don't protest that i analyzed it afterwards. In this forum, i have had a good time and since the members are relatively few, i came to "know them" and i think it's polite to say goodbye. For a brief period of time, i was registered to Badger and Blade. I left without goodbye. The B&B forum has much more members, i never came to "remember" them like i did here and after a moderator deleted (not the first time) my post, because i mentioned the title of a very useful article about boars, hosted in a blog, without even linking to the blog, we had a small conversation, where we disagreed on the rationality of their rules and offered me the choice to delete my account. So i accepted the offer and left. In that forum, i didn't say goodbye and my account shows "deactivated per user's request". I only PMed goodbye someone who had somewhat frequent PMs with and said goodbye. In this forum, i would also prefer to have my account deleted, for privacy reasons (less risk of junk for my email or email spoofing and this site isn't Https encrypted, so it's much easier to hack.) In this forum, i came to remember more the members, because they are less than 40 contanstly active. I thought of it as common courtesy.I also saw one moderator once, but i don't recall the name. However, i thought of a workaround. I reported my post, asking there to delete my account. Hope it works.

So, there, people may vary their behaviour according to varying circumstances. And my goodbye would have remained in just 1 post, had i not need to answer your question, making this even bigger than what it should be, wouldn't it...

Like i said, i am not here for forum wars nor for playing cards. Goodbye, i raise white flag, white bristle, badger's tail and anything else. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom