Shaving too complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours are the same from what I can make out from the pic you posted.
I usually leave Derby blades alone but I think I will have to try in my over aggressive Bakelite razor and see what occurs, hopefully less or even no blood loss! :) P.
One man's meat is another man's poison I suppose :)
Good luck with the Derbys, have you tried GSBs in it?

As I didn't identify the poster in question, you assumed I was referring to you.
That is at best, a case of self-diagnosis, and at worst, exhibiting paranoia

If you knew what to look for, you would know that i assumed correctly. Or rather, you should mean me, before any other Because, unfortunately, like i said, i can do self-diagnosis. Can you?

adddd.png

It is amusing, but in the forum, people shoot psychological evaluations of others, without knowing what they are talking about. First rule of psychiatry: "If you want to be a successful psychiatrist, you must have first been able to psychoanalyze yourself" (ancient motto: "Know thyself"). A second golden rule is "avoid making diagnosis from distance, without having face to face encounter with someone". Two helpful tips for everyone, not just doctors.

So, mine is at least, the best case. But i suspect you didn't quite grasp what i wrote in my brief attempt to explain. Anyway, lesson learnt for me...

Last edited:
One man's meat is another man's poison I suppose :)
Good luck with the Derbys, have you tried GSBs in it?
Ha no! That's far too sharp, although smooth. I've used other sharp and smooth blades in it and it just bites....so maybe a not so sharp Derby, got to be worth a go to see if I can make the razor a viable bit of kit. :) P.

If you knew what to look for, you would know that i assumed correctly. Or rather, you should mean me, before any other Because, unfortunately, like i said, i can do self-diagnosis. Can you?

adddd.png

It is amusing, but in the forum, people shoot psychological evaluations of others, without knowing what they are talking about. First rule of psychiatry: "If you want to be a successful psychiatrist, you must have first been able to psychoanalyze yourself" (ancient motto: "Know thyself"). A second golden rule is "avoid making diagnosis from distance, without having face to face encounter with someone". Two helpful tips for everyone, not just doctors.

So, mine is at least, the best case. But i suspect you didn't quite grasp what i wrote in my brief attempt to explain. Anyway, lesson learnt for me...
That was, "a brief attempt to explain",....'Kinnell, I bet Christmas parties are a farking riot at your house.

Ha no! That's far too sharp, although smooth. I've used other sharp and smooth blades in it and it just bites....so maybe a not so sharp Derby, got to be worth a go to see if I can make the razor a viable bit of kit. :) P.
If the GSB's too much for it, what about a Treet Black Beauty, not too sharp but very smooth.
Though you have piqued my curiosity, if you don't mind, I'll give it a go.
The worst shave I've ever had was from a PAA Alpha Eclipse, I moved it on after one shave and now feel like it defeated me.

If the GSB's too much for it, what about a Treet Black Beauty, not too sharp but very smooth.
Though you have piqued my curiosity, if you don't mind, I'll give it a go.
The worst shave I've ever had was from a PAA Alpha Eclipse, I moved it on after one shave and now feel like it defeated me.
Yes certainly, I will try a Treet blade and then post to you :) P.

That was, "a brief attempt to explain",....'Kinnell, I bet Christmas parties are a farking riot at your house.

People like simple answers for complicated things... An italian wetshaver that had been some years ago in an english speaking forum, had warned me to stick to italian forums, because "they don't get us and we don't get them". I think even if with delay, i will heed his advice, because i don't want to further overcomplicate things nor overanalyze things, which would be futile anyway.

Christmas parties are not a farking riot not in my home and not in most italian homes either, in the sense that probably you intend it. It's a cultural thing. It's good that you don't speak italian to see how we view your farking riot parties in youtube.

So, at this point, i thank you all and bid you goodbye, because, like i said, i don't want to become rude, but, despite wanting to combine fun, information and english speaking trainning, i think we will all be happier with me heading towards one of the 2 italian forums. I have still learnt new things in here and so at the end, it's a positive sum.

Don't wave the white flag that easily, sunshine, after all, it's only a shaving forum.
It's not whether we, "get", each other, rather that we don't take ourselves that seriously.

"Waving white flags", is for wars. Is that how you see this? A "forum war"? Most interesting... But i am not here for that and since exactly this isn't about nuclear physics, but about shaving, i wave you my boar goodbye and go to greener, southern pastures.

Hoping to find the moderator's name to possibly cancel my account in the meantime.

People like simple answers for complicated things... An italian wetshaver that had been some years ago in an english speaking forum, had warned me to stick to italian forums, because "they don't get us and we don't get them". I think even if with delay, i will heed his advice, because i don't want to further overcomplicate things nor overanalyze things, which would be futile anyway.

Christmas parties are not a farking riot not in my home and not in most italian homes either, in the sense that probably you intend it. It's a cultural thing. It's good that you don't speak italian to see how we view your farking riot parties in youtube.

So, at this point, i thank you all and bid you goodbye, because, like i said, i don't want to become rude, but, despite wanting to combine fun, information and english speaking trainning, i think we will all be happier with me heading towards one of the 2 italian forums. I have still learnt new things in here and so at the end, it's a positive sum.
I don't think you should give up just yet. You may learn to understand the humour/sarcasm.

I don't think you should give up just yet. You may learn to understand the humour/sarcasm.

This is the 2nd incident i have in this week, so one may understand differently humour/sarcasm and one may even see deeper feelings behind what one calls them or why and when he uses them. So, i prefer to go to the "italian humour" , which i know best. This is all. The forum existed before me, i am sure it will exist after me. No big loss. I learnt things here, i tried to liven up the forum on my part as much as i could, no reason to try to force something that doesn't work well, when i can have it work elsewhere. Peaceful goodbyes are best.

"Waving white flags", is for wars. Is that how you see this? A "forum war"? Most interesting... But i am not here for that and since exactly this isn't about nuclear physics, but about shaving, i wave you my boar goodbye and go to greener, southern pastures.

Hoping to find the moderator's name to possibly cancel my account in the meantime.
You really do see things that aren't there, don't you Obelix.
I always wonder why, when someone wishes to flounce from a forum, they have to announce it publicly and implore the admin to, "cancel their account", personally I wouldn't give such a thing a second thought, I'd just ignore the offending poster or just leave the site.
Carry on with your valuable contributions to the forum, I promise I won't respond, unless you refer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom