Shaving at night?

I've gone all slobbish and shave once every two to three days and rarely in the morning as I don't often see the AM unless its between midnight and 3. I'm a lazy arse afternoon shaver with the occasional foray into evening scrapes. Yep, I'm a 41 year old teenager!

Usually a morning shaver but a few times I've had to shave the night before if I have to get up super early or when we had loft extension work done and bathroom work (meant turning the water off at 8am).

Before I discovered the pleasure of traditional shaving, it was a quick scrape with the cartridge razor in the mornings. Now, I'm really enjoying taking my time with prep/shave/post-shave routine after a shower when I get home from work - it really relaxes me.

For me, traditional DE shaving is something than is not just about trying to achieve better results, but the pleasure to be had in the whole process - taking your time and appreciating each stage. It was the same thing for me when I got into making proper espresso coffee at home - the process is just as enjoyable as the result - but not when you're in a rush!

I always shave in the evening after work, i would prefer to shave in the morning, but i would be rushing it, and probably get a few nicks in the process, i believe the best time to shave is when your not in a rush, so you can enjoy it more and avoid any mishaps.

Definitely an evening or night shave for me. Again, allows some "me" time, to unwind and feel "pampered". Due to an ongoing internal temperature regulation issue, I need time to air before getting dressed. If I shaved in the morning, and the shower a big part of my routine, I would be overheating, and sweating profusely, in no time..

Back
Top Bottom