Shaving at night?

My technique is improving and already after 3 shaves I'm starting to get the hang of it, but its currently taking me the best part of half an hour to shave with my new kit, so I decided to try shaving just before bed last night.

This morning some areas of my face are smoother than others, but I think that reflects that I still have much to learn. However, those that I got "right" are still as smooth as they would have been if I'd cartridge shaved this morning!

Do many people shave in the evening?

Like you, when I first started it took me ages to shave, so I used to shave in the evening. I eventually got confident enough to do a one-pass in a morning before work, and eventually got to where I am now - two passes+touch up in around 10-15 mins.

Take your time, and you'll get there.

Ian

Almost always...much more enjoyable because of less time pressure and also gives your skin a chance to recover.

Everybody's different but as you learn more the time required for you to shave will naturally reduce. Enjoy this bit, it is the most fun.

I also shave in the loveliness of the night. Just like to take more time over it than I could in the mornings, as I like to leave for work early before ALL THE OTHER MANIACS GET OUT ON THE ROAD AND MAKE MY JOURNEY A LIVING HELL!!!!

I've shaved in the evening for some time now. I rise at 5, but have never been a morning person. As such I just decided it was not in my own best interests to use a straight razor half awake. Plus I have a bus to catch.

Shaving in the evening allows me to relax and really do this thing of ours correctly. Wash face, massage lather, hot towel, the whole 9 yards. I even unhook the phone.

always a night time shave, relax, unwind & a good face prep. I still look forward to a good splash of aftershave in the morning after washing, livens the face up nicely. I see nothing wrong with using post-shave stuff in the morning though shaving the night before.

Back
Top Bottom