Shaving at night?

I work 12 hour shifts and when I'm on nights or days off I can take all the time I want. Trouble is when I'm on day shifts I'm up just after 5 to be at work for 6. If I shave the night before it looks like I haven't bothered by lunchtime and I have to be clean shaven at work.

I don't feel 'right' unless I've shaved in the morning.

My shaves only take a couple of minutes so it's easy to fit it in.

Nights shaves are great! I probably have at least one a week, the only problem being that they put my once-every-24-hours routine out of sync. I sometimes have to forego a shave the next day.

Very, very rare I shave in the morning. Can't remember the last time. TBH takes me half an hour to get my brain working, usually with lots of caffeine. I'd hate to think of the carnage ensuing if I had to shave while semi-conscious...

Morning shaver mostly, I have plenty of time and right now I work from home but even when i was location based I still shaved in the morning. By the time the evening comes around I just want to slouch.

Not an early bird at all, so i usually shower at the gym in the evening then get home and shave there. That way you can enjoy everything a lot more, and take your time - the tools we use are bloody sharp and seeing as I've been known to talk to inanimate objects, walk, shout at, and even attack people in my sleep, its best I use a sharp blade before I go to sleep and not when I'm half awake, whether that is at night or in the morning.

Generally speaking it's a pre-work early morning shave. I've got my routine and technique down to a fine art now and I probably spend 20 mins in the bathroom which includes brushing teeth and showering.

On the other hand if I do get some time in the evening at weekends I like nothing better then a slow, leisurely shave with the radio playing or some music on.

Followed by a smooth, soft, warm Pinot Noir it's about as good as it gets these days!

Back
Top Bottom