Shaving Acquisitions March

EihgqIj.png

3j7QDPl.png

WkpLMgb.png

GO2ZEZ7.png

From a Trade that went 3 directions to complete. So a couple Brush Handles came in on trade and thankfully the one that needs a knot can be filled with a Badger or Boar that I already have laying around (Leaning towards the Badger) So my buying restraint is still intact. @freddiep318ti helped me get the Knothead Brushworks resealed and shiny again and also traded the Koch brush (Always wanted one of these with the string held knot but this will do) for a razor I had. Knothead handle came from @MaineYooper and I can't remember what I traded for it actually. I rmember watchng this languish in Tim's Etsy store and by the time I was ready to pull the trigger it was gone. All came full circle. Thanks everyone involved ! Onto the Pics....
zAMWdvt.jpg

Vp4fkwI.jpg

4BDWaAl.jpg

nesGNx4.jpg

y1ZmZai.jpg

ZowfGiH.jpg

FnPTcg7.jpg

A few razors from the bay.

Here is what they looked like in their listing...

3 Razors.jpg

Here is how they looked when I opened the box.
All.jpg

Pretty filthy!

There was a Thin Handle Tech.
Thin Handle Tech.jpg

What seems to be an Aluminium Ball End Tech (brass top cap, aluminium base plate and handle)
Aluminium Tech.jpg
And what I presume is a Frankentech. Sportsman handle, but the head is all brass. Which is fine with me!
FrankenTech.jpg

I will clean them up and most pictures of them later on.

A few razors from the bay.

Here is what they looked like in their listing...

View attachment 102002

Here is how they looked when I opened the box.
View attachment 102004

Pretty filthy!

There was a Thin Handle Tech.
View attachment 102007

What seems to be an Aluminium Ball End Tech (brass top cap, aluminium base plate and handle)
View attachment 102005
And what I presume is a Frankentech. Sportsman handle, but the head is all brass. Which is fine with me!
View attachment 102006

I will clean them up and most pictures of them later on.
A nice little haul you have there Shubs! Well done!

Paul.

A nice little haul you have there Shubs! Well done!

Paul.

I'm very pleased with the haul of 4 razors I received!

The flat bottom Thin Handle Tech in particular, which I presume was made during WW2 or so. A minor remnants of a bygone era, with a bit TLC it will be working as it once did. Some of the chrome plating is long gone with the brass underneath coming through. I quite like this aesthetic, it had a hard life and was used intently for many years.
Once most of the grime is off, I will do the very same and put the razor to use.

I like these old razors for sure.

Edit, the razors cleaned up very nicely.

IMG_20230309_161224.jpg

Last edited:
Just arrived today super quick from USA, my long searched for grail Schick Type F (unfortunately no box, nice to have but you don’t shave with the box) and an impulse buy Schick Type H which will make a great travel razor.

View attachment 102178
View attachment 102179
Congratulations on finding your Type F razor, very nice indeed. Enjoy!

Paul.

Congratulations on finding your Type F razor, very nice indeed. Enjoy!

Paul.
Thanks Paul, holding the Type F in the hand as against looking at fotos I can really appreciate it as an amazing piece of art deco sculpture. This one has been used but well looked after. The original gold coating has been worn or more likely polished away to reveal the copper plate which I actually quite like the look of. I’m looking forward to using it tomorrow.
Alan

Thanks Paul, holding the Type F in the hand as against looking at fotos I can really appreciate it as an amazing piece of art deco sculpture. This one has been used but well looked after. The original gold coating has been worn or more likely polished away to reveal the copper plate which I actually quite like the look of. I’m looking forward to using it tomorrow.
Alan
Hi Alan,

Very nice acquisition and one you won't regret I believe. So easy to it move along if ever needed to or if the razor just doesn't call to you during the shave. It's my go to SE kinda thing with that stiff sharp blade. Yeah, injector blades can run the performance gamut. I'll be curious how things work out after any adjustments to the shaves are made.

I think that copper piece on yours was originally that color and not coated with anything. Looks to be in great shape. One good all around cleaning/polishing cream like Maas should be ok for all the metals.

Congrats on the excellent addition to the arsenal!

Martin

Hi Alan,

Very nice acquisition and one you won't regret I believe. So easy to it move along if ever needed to or if the razor just doesn't call to you during the shave. It's my go to SE kinda thing with that stiff sharp blade. Yeah, injector blades can run the performance gamut. I'll be curious how things work out after any adjustments to the shaves are made.

I think that copper piece on yours was originally that color and not coated with anything. Looks to be in great shape. One good all around cleaning/polishing cream like Maas should be ok for all the metals.

Congrats on the excellent addition to the arsenal!

Martin
Thanks Martin, hard to believe the F type is now an 80+ year old razor but still looks fabulous. I have a couple of repeaters and other early Schicks. The colonel was a man of vision and belief in his SE designs at a time when King Gillette was on the rise with his really successful DE examples. We can all now enjoy these as we wish in a world of seemingly unlimited choice. Alan

Back
Top Bottom