Shave of the day w/c Saturday 9th January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday Evening.

Prep: Wash face with a left over sliver of MWF followed by a hot towel.
Soap: Pre de Provence.
Brush: Pre Vilfix Simpson Duke 3 Best.
Razor: 6/8ths Livi regrind.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Aqua Velva Blue Ice.

Usual 3 pass DFS.

This Livi is one of the few I have seen with a deeply worked spine.

Attachments

• Livi, Ebano Madagascar.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 139
Thursday

Muhle R41
Derby Extra (2)
Semogue 2000
Wilkinson's Blue Bowl

Tabac AS
Nivea ASB

Poor density of lather but oddly enough a great shave result; maybe that's the problem with Wilky it simply does not look good in situ. I do love the smell; very refreshing. Possibly a smaller, less loftier brush may have proved a worthier champion of the Wilky cause.

In any event no issues to report.

Will I use it every day? No but it will certainly do as an emergency back-up, though what that emergency could be is beating me at the moment.

Feeling pleased with the result!

:)

Palmolive soap
Neo custom boar brush
Venus pink ladyshave thingy
Scissors

Shave took a bit longer than usual today. Decided to do it in the shower. Tried to go WTG but ended up going at it any old fashion. Fifteen minutes later I can honestly say I am BBS. :shave

Didn't have time to shave my face. :(

Pig Cat said:
Palmolive soap
Neo custom boar brush
Venus pink ladyshave thingy
Scissors

Shave took a bit longer than usual today. Decided to do it in the shower. Tried to go WTG but ended up going at it any old fashion. Fifteen minutes later I can honestly say I am BBS. :shave

Didn't have time to shave my face. :(

I knew this would be coming, but it still made me laugh. :lol:

Is today the big day?

Yeah you should never shave in a rush. Ha ha.

When I went for my op in October I thought I'd shave on the morning of it (my face) to help me relax. It didn't work and was damn uncomfortable.

Thursday

Futur
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Vulfix VS/3
Tabac Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Thursday

Semogue 1470
Fitjar Bee My Honey SC
Gillette Aristocrat No 15
Iridium D4
Alum
Dickinsons WH
Ems Balancing ASB

DFS

As part of my new year resolutions I am trying whittle down my cream & soap stash......The Fitjar cream is doing its utmost to tempt me to get more
:roll:

Thursday evening.

Prep: Wash face with a left over sliver of MWF followed by a hot towel.
Soap: Provence Sante.
Brush: Pre Vilfix Simpson Duke 3 Best.
Razor: 6/8ths Thiers-Issard Super Gnome Extra.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Aqua Velva Blue Ice.

DFS.

I had this razor rescaled in Cocobolo by Max at SRP, photo is by Max. It appears to have eyes!

Attachments

• 6-8ths Thiers Issard Super Gnome Extra- Rescaled in Cocobolo by Max.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 99
Friday

Muhle R41
Derby Extra (3)
Semogue 1305
Godrej De Luxe Cream

Old Spice AS
Nivea ASB

Cracking lather providing a great 3 pass shave but the scent will take a bit of adjusting to.

Will I use it every day? Well it will certainly feature more often in the rotation until it (only one tube) runs out. Will I restock? Probably not.

However I'm very pleased with the result!

:)

Thursday Evening

Feather Portable head on an EJ87 handle + Feather
Gillette Sensor Excel
Vulfix Pure
Maca Root cream
King of Shaves Alphashave oil
Tesco Skincare Intelligence a/s balm

I bought the Feather Portable from Paul Dog a couple of months back (thanks Paul!) and thought I'd give it a run-out. Found the handle a bit too dinky for my shovels (it is a travel razor, after all), so I plonked the head on to the stem of my EJ 87. A surprisingly good and smooth shave for an inexpensive razor, although it didn't cut as close on the neck as I would of liked - some KOS oil and the Sensor sorted that out.

Found the Maca Root so-so, and the Tesco balm very good (probably not needed after the oil finish).

A note on the KOS oil: I used this as a pre-shave when I first began DE shaving, but stopped for no particular reason - laziness, I suppose. For finishing/touch-ups (I used about 4 drops on a wet face), it worked really well, especially ATG, and left my face and neck feeling very smooth and supple.

Merkur 34 HD
Astra blade
Real Shave Co cream
Wilkinson Sword brush
Simple ASB

Lovely smooth shave, with no irritation at all. These blades seem to work well with soap or cream ive found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom