Shave of the day w/c Saturday 9th January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Trumpers Super Badger Travel Brush
Palmolive Shave Stick
Mühle R89 Razor - Wilkinson Blade (2nd Day)
Alum Block
Trumpers Sandlewood Skin Food
Trumpers Moisteriser.

WTG - XTG -ATG - light touch ups
DFS, a few weepers (Right bottom neck) cleared up with cold rinse. New Blade tomorrow, I'm not so keen on the Wilkinson.

Blyth Spirit said:
There were a lot of Wilkinsons blades (er, shall we say?) liberated up here, before the factory closed at Cramlington some years ago, alledgedly.

I remember being offered 1000 and thinking "WTF would anyone want 1000 antique razor blades for?" :oops:

Tuesday

Kent BK4
Tabac
1955 British Flair Tip Rocket
Indian Laser Ultra (4)
Speick ASB

Sciatica - becomes a pain in the arse.

Merkur 34HD
Astra
Wilkinson Sword brush
Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna Soap
ISIS ASB

Lovely smooth shave, as usual with this blade. The soap is still lovely with a nice smell. No irritation in the shave at all, very nice.
Next blade change im trying a different blade, got a bench mark now. :cool:

Wednesday

Futur
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Vulfix VS/3
Coates Sandalwood Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Arrowhead said:
I mean to sometime given all the good press they've received here, but just lately I've been getting on very well with Super Iridiums.
I have tried those, they are currently on my preferred blade list.

Wednesday

Trumpers Pure Badger Brush
T&H pre shave oil, & UC Shaving cream (part of a sample set)
Mühle R89 Razor - Personna Blade (1st Day)
Alum Block
T&H Ultimate comfort Balm.

WTG - XTG -ATG

Note:- Nice smooth shave, not BBS. I didn't get on well lathering with the T&H cream, once on the face, on top of the pre shave oil, it seemed to evaporate. Almost like the oil was neutralizing it.
Also, writing these SOTD, is helping me focus my routine.

Wednesday

Merkur HD
Super Thin (4)
Kent BK8
MWF

Issey Miyake knockoff + moisturiser

nice shave... love the aftershave mind. £6.00 if you order enough for free shipping from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scentfromheaven.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.scentfromheaven.com</a><!-- w -->. Nice frag and lasts long (put it on this morning and can still detect a whiff).

Wednesday

Semogue 620
Fitjar Bee My Honey SC
Gillette Aristocrat No 15
Iridium D3
Alum
Dickinsons WH
Ems Balancing ASB

The #15 is a fairly aggressive razor. The Fitjar cream cancels that out. Great shave.

Wednesday:

67' Slim on 6
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Palmolive Classic S/C
Weleda Skin Food

I'm really liking this skin food. Really good moisturising properties and leaves my skin very smooth.

'56 Flairtip SS
Derby
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Custom Neo-Special Boar Cocobolo Chubby knock-off thingy
Trumpers Lime aftershave

My (preferred) '47 Superspeed is off at the platers so using the back-up razor. I've had four great shaves from the 5ml sample pot of Maca Root. A very pleasant scent and nice creamy lather.

Wednesday Afternoon

Merkur 39c Slanthammer + Feather
Vulfix Pure
Kent shaving cream
Alum
SI a/s balm

:eek:

Rough shave. Might have been the razor or the blade, but I suspect the cream. Second time I've used Kent's menthol offering, and again it was lacking the slip/glide I look for in creams and soaps. This time it left me with burnage on my neck. I've come to the conclusion that I'd much rather have plenty of slip at the expense of cushion. Alum stung, but Skincare Intelligence for men (@ Tesco) did a good recovery job - seven hours later and my skin feels really supple; as if I'd shaved with MWF. I recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom