Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

Gillette Red Tip A4 1955 Superspeed
Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Semogue 1305
Tabac Stick

EJ Sandalwood AS(B)

Very good (ie smooth) outcome indeed, however another slight nick - to the top lip but the damage cleared up with the cold water splash. That's two nicks in two days - unheard of - perhaps the Red Tip is not to be my ideal razor. We'll see where tomorow's blood flows from!

Sunday Evening

Futur + Feather (2)
Vulfix Pure
CF Lavender cream
Alum
Trumper's lime skinfood
Rive Gauche AS

In a previous post I wrote that Castle Forbes Lavender was a good cream, but not worth the price. Well, after a few uses, I'm beginning to reconsider my position. It really is a very good cream - both in terms of performance and scent. Users of this esteemed product say it's value for money because a smaller-than-usual dollop of cream is enough; but I can't help overloading with this lovely smelling stuff. :shave

Still love the Futur.

Tabac day

Tabac - much nicer to use in the ceramic bowl - glad I got it.
Tabac A/S balm
Kent BK4 - starting to get the hang of it - I can understand why HM uses it a lot with Tabac.
Jagger Chatsworth/red personna

Tabac just has to be in everyone's collection - unless among those who find the scent overpowering. I love it.

As much time as i wanted to shave today, so pulled the straight out.
Straight
TOBS cream
Wilkinswon Sword brush
Merkur 34HD (to tidy up)
Astra blade
Simple ASB

I got a decebt shave today with the straight. Different straight to what i used the other day. Cheeks just needed a slight tidy up, so did the neck. Chin and upper lip i really didnt do so well. Not as much irritation as before
As soon as i put used the Merkur though, the razor just gluided over my face, i do love the Astra in the Merkur.
2 nicks from the straight. Small one on top lip. A long straight one on side of the chin
Not sure if i like the straight. I think i do, but the DE just gives so much better shaves. But after 3 shaves, im not deciding yet

cheeks, neck,chin and upper lip lol which bit came out smooth then :lol: sorry couldn't resist ;)

Cheeks were smooth, neck was smoothish, but not as close as normal.
Cheeks were best, but the were a few small patches that i missed with the straight. I probably didnt need to re do the cheeks with the DE, but i thought why not, so just lathered up and went for it.

My First SOTD:-
Shower

Trumpers Pure Badger Brush
Trumpers Coconut Cream
Mühle R89 Razor - Wilkinson Blade (fresh on)
Alum Block
Trumpers Sandlewood Skin Food
Trumpers Moisteriser.

WTG - XTG -ATG - no touch ups
DFS, mucked up neck right of adams apple, with some weepers. Could be the blade (first time using that brand for a long time) or technique. I'll know tomorrow when I try again.

I've noticed a heavy Trumpers content with my shaving products, I must do something about that.

There are Wilkinsons ... and then there are Wilkinsons. The UK made blades were my favourites for years but they went out of production, and the German ones now on sale are grim in my opinion. I'm now down to my last 100 good ones :(

Arrowhead said:
There are Wilkinsons ... and then there are Wilkinsons. The UK made blades were my favourites for years but they went out of production, and the German ones now on sale are grim in my opinion. I'm now down to my last 100 good ones :(

Have you tried the Gillette Super Thins (Thai)?

Arrowhead said:

There were a lot of Wilkinsons blades (er, shall we say?) liberated up here, before the factory closed at Cramlington some years ago, alledgedly.

I think my F-in-Law has a few. I'll quiz him...I'll announce findings in due course.

Poirot.
;)

Tuesday

Gillette Red Tip A4 1955 Superspeed
Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Semogue 1305
Tabac Stick

Old Spice AS
Nivea ASB

Again a very good (ie smooth) outcome, yet another slight nick - to the chin but the damage cleared up, as usual, with the cold water rinse. That's three nicks in three days. :oops: Must be getting careless!

Tuesday

Merkur HD
Gillette Super Thin (3)
Kent BK8
C&E Sienna

Aqua Velva + Moisturiser

2 passes... as an experiment, I'm going to ease off the ATG every other day. Today, skin feels good but cheeks are definitely hairer than usual.

Tuesday

Futur
Swede
Vulfix VS/3
L'Occitane Cade Soap
D.R Harris Pink a/s

The Futur is a big, heavy beast, but it removes whiskers more efficiently than anything else I've tried.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom