Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Feather Popular
Derby x 3
Vulfix 404 bodger
Gold-Dachs soap
Trumpers Spanish Leather a\s

i received the soap and a\s samples from Pigcat, as well as some Cade a\s which will be used in due course.

i wasn't expecting this soap to be any good as i've been told in the past it is crap.
well i was pleasantly suprised, nice clean scent and a good slick lather.
supposedly this stuff is the same as Dovo :? but more expensive
not sure of the main ingredients but it worked like a glycerin soap

Mrs H approves of the Spanish Leather ;)
is this the best Leather a\s? i've never tried others

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Treet Carbon 'Black Beauty' (1)
Erasmic Soap Bowl
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Boots Freshwood ASB
Givenchy Xeryus

I do like the DE89 and Black Beauty combo! 1st time out with the Erasmic soap too not 100% sold on the fragrance but a great lather.

BBS no irritation, what more can you ask!

Thursday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, lather face massage, hot towel.
Soap: Truefitt & Hill Luxury.
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best.
Razor: Filarmonica Barbas Duras.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Proraso Balm & Splash.

Just your normal fantastic Filly shave.

FilarmonicaEspecialParaBarbasDuras1.jpg

Friday:
Bic Sensitive
Semogue 1305
Mitchell's Woolfat
Floid, The Genuine

Who'd've thunk? After overlooking them for years, the Bic Sensitive has now become my razor of choice.

joe mcclaine said:
Who'd've thunk? After overlooking them for years, the Bic Sensitive has now become my razor of choice.
Certainly not me. I'm almost tempted to try them myself.

Friday

Schick Injector Adjustable
Schick Platinum Blade
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Kent Soap (MWF)
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Penhaligon's Douro edt

Like Mr. McClaine, I too am having thoughts regarding my relationship with DE razors. Every time that I use this particular Injector, I get results on a par with any DE razor that I have used, but with less effort, and less risk of blood. Food for thought.....

Ian

Friday

EJ Chatsworth
Supermax Super Stainless (1)
Mühle Pure Badger
Trumpers Almond Cream
Scuttle ( :D )
Alum
Faberge Addiction AS
Gibellini ASB.

I fancied having a couple of shaves away from the Futur and back with the Chatsworth. (Wow the weight difference is huge!)

Almost the weekend gents....!

Friday

Washed face with glycerin soap - similar to Hawkeye5 - Which actually left my face stinging and a weeper before the shave.

Mühle R89
Derby (2)
Trumpers Super Badger Travel Brush
GFT Coconut cream
Alum
GFT Coral
GFT Moisteriser

Other than the above a clean shave with some red blotches on the bottom of my neck, these tend to disappear after a few hours

Thursday Evening

EJ 87 + Treet Dura-Sharp
Vulfix Pure
Arko Original cream

The Treet is neither the sharpest nor smoothest blade I've tried, but it did an okay job.

The Arko cream, on the other hand, was surprisingly good: knocks up a decent lather without much effort; one that's nice and slick too. Like MWF, this stuff left my skin feeling very soft and supple -- so much so that I didn't bother with the usual balm/skinfood finish (must be the added vitamin E or something, I don't know).

Hawkeye5 said:
NatJag,
The soap gave you a weeper and irritation? Unusual I would think. Perhaps you had an allergic reaction to something.
I use a wash cloth and really scrub my beard.

I used a flannel (wash cloth). The weeper was most weird, I'm supposed to get them after shaving, not before I start. I'll try again tomorrow, otherwise it will just be to wash my hands on. I may have been too heavy handed with the flannel. Other than that the soap is great on my hands. They don't seem to dry out so quickly, which is I guess, the main reason for washing the face with the soap.

Friday,

Gillette # 58
Iridium
Semogue 830
Prairie Creations lanolin - Dragons Blood
Alum
Prairie Creations Golden ASB
Irisch Moos

Great start to the day.

joe mcclaine said:

After reading how you've been getting on with them this week, I almost went and bought a whole load of cheapo disposables today. Bic, Gillette, WS etc etc. I decided against it though as SWMBO just wouldn't understand.

hunnymonster said:
Shave rougher than a clumsily-trimmed badger's arse - binned the blade.

The exact same thing happened to me with my 2nd shave with an Astra SP. Wasn't particularly tuggy or anything just bastard sore and bloody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom