Czech & Speake #88

Ian

Feather Popular
Iridium (3)
Vulfix 2235
Boots soap
Alum
Boots Freshwood ASB

Thought I'd give the feather popular a quick run, I now realise how mild a razor it is. Comparing it to the Edwin Jagger, for the same effort its disappointingly mild. So I had a poor shave but no with no irritation, the popular is indeed an excellent 1st DE razor and quite forgiving but probably too mild for me now.

Saturday

Futur (on 1.5)
Supermax (3) - last one for this blade. Reckon i shall try a Red IP in this next. (I could get 4/5 out of the Supermax in my Chatsworth).
Mühle Best
Taylors Avocado (sample from Paul - great stuff)
Alum
(Styptic too - careless on my top lip :roll: )

Harris Bay Rum AS. (Sample from Paul)
Nivea ASB

This was my 1st try with the Harris Bay Rum and in fact my first Bay Rum. Is the Harris smell typical of Bay Rum? Quite clovey? SWMBO loves it :lol:

Have a good Saturday guys!

Saturday

1962 Slim
NOS 1970 P-3 Gillette Super Silver (2)
Vulfix VS/5
Ersamic Soap Bowl
Alum Block
Gillette Sensitive AB
Old Spice (P&G) AS

2nd outing for the Super Silver, this time in my Slim, this blade still takes no prisoners so was extra careful even thou I was in a rush for work, not a good shave due to the fact I was rushing so no extra passes and touch ups :oops: , still it was a CCS, tomorrow I'll have a bit more time to have a good shave (teach me to oversleep today ).

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Today

St.James's Hot Face Mask (first time)
Cheapo Chinese Badger brush and Georgetown G5 scuttle
EJ shave cream
Merkur Futur on setting #1
Shark blade (first time)
Dovo Bismarck (straight) to tidy up moustache area
Alum
DR Harris milk.

Shark blade quite effective and not too aggressive in the Futur.--One to keep. :D
Scuttle maintained lather temperature very well throughout.
N

Saturday

Futur
Astra (2)
Trumpers pure badger brush
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 Shaving Cream
Cold water mixed with Hugo Boss AS
Coral skin food
Moisturiser

DFS. First time with Opus 1870 shave cream purchased from Valuer on TSR. I quite like it. Shame they only ship in tubes and not tubes as I like to dip the tips of my brush in the cream. While I like the futur, I prefer my Mühle R89, plus I have a vintage gillette coming which I won on ebay. so the Futur may end up in the BST section, or ebay.

Also first crack at a SOTD picture.

NJHC_1273.jpg

Edwin Jagger DE89L
Crystal platinum
Men-U brush
TOBS Almond cream
Alum
Gillette Fusion ASB

2nd blade from my sampler pack and went for WTG, XTG then some touching up.DFS had ! Quite pleased....definitely getting there as no real sore areas when i applied the alum!! Love the TOBS cream compared to my Palmolive or Ingrams !

Saturday

Futur (on 3.5)
Feather blade
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum block
Body Shop White Musk AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk Eau de Cologne

A very quick shave this morning as I'd slept in - more of a tidy-up after last night's poor shave from my new Gillette clone. Just off to try shimming the blade on it after some suggestions from another place... ;)

Saturday

Semogue 2009 LE
Dovo 1516

TOC Aromatherapy soap
Alum
Nivea asb
Musgo Real No.3 cologne

The newly arrived razor only barely passed a hanging hair test, but improved quite a bit with stropping. It's a noisy one: sings on the strop and scritch-scritches its way through whiskers, which is quite satisfying. I was pleasantly surprised at how nicely turned out it is - better than photos would suggest - and very pleased indeed with the way that it shaves. A honing session should improve matters still further.

Sunday

Futur
Iridium
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Trumper's Rose Soap
L'Occitane Cade asb
Davidhoff Coolwater

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom