Shave of the Day, w/c Saturday 6th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday

Futur (on 2)
Red IP (1)
Mühle pure (I was wrong in the past - not best :oops: )
Old Spice Musk (Sample)
Alum
Old Spice Fresh Lime (Sample) - Ouch! Lots of burn from this one!
generic ASB (from Lidl - not too bad, but a tad greasy)

Not a bad shave to be honest. probably a DFS+, for me anyway.
Have a relaxing Sunday. :cool:

Sunday

Edwin Jagger DE87
Omega 80056
NOS 1970 P3 Gillette Super Silver (3)
Superdrug Pre Shave Spalsh
Arko stick (milled into a bowl)
Alum Block
Witch Hazel (with added menthol)
Wilkos AB
Brut AS

Wow the EJ87 is something once you've found the blade angle combined with the sharpness of the Super Silver it gave me one of the smoothest shaves I've ever had, sheer bliss :shave , really set me up for the day even thou I've got to go work :cry: . The Super Silver is still performing well and seems to have many more shaves in it so I will be pushing it to the limit in the EJ.

Have a nice and pleasant days Gents (even thou its freezing outside)

Tony

Sunday

Mühle R89
Israeli Blade (shaving shake) (1)
Trumpers pure badge brush
GFT Trumpers Cream (Palmolive ss on final pass)
Water with AS mix
Coral
Moisturiser

DFS, with a few red marks lower neck. I used the palmolive to finish as I'd not quite enough lather made from the Coconut cream.

Sunday

Prep: 48 Mile cycle ride followed by a hot bath.

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Red Persona (1)
Vulfix 2235 Super
Mr Taylors Shaving Cream
Alum
Boots Freshwood ASB
Kouros EDT

A lovely shave Red Persona is another addition my top blades list!!!

SUNDAY

Feather Popular
Derby x 2
Semogue 620
Sienna soap
Sienna ASB

after the horrific shave while testing the MdC i decided to see if it was me or the brush
wasn't me or the brush :roll:
maybe MdC works with a badger brush but it clogs my 620 so it's still no good and still smells boggin :lol: (done a few hand lathers to check)
i also faired better with the Derby in the Feather, maybe they suit a milder razor as i felt they were bending in the Fatboy :?

the C&E combo works very well - good stuff

Sunday

Gillette Old-type Clone, then touch-ups with Merkur Futur (Feather blade)
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Kent BK4
Col Conk Amber soap
Alum block
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm

Trying the clone again using a shim made from an old blade so try and improve the blade angle. Definitley better than it was before, but not there yet so far from a decent, close shave. I've shimmed it on both sides of the blade now and will try it again tomorrow. I had to use the Futur to finish the job off properly.

Monday

I've been leaving a little more water in the brush recently with great results. Profuse explosions of lather being the order of the day more often than not. The Cade was superb today. The Chatsworth/Crystal Platinum excellent, and I just love the DRH. And my secret weapon did the business too.

SOTD.jpg

Monday

Futur
Swede
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Palmolive Stick
Clinique Post Shave Soother

The Futur on 3 is great on my face, but the dodgy bit on my neck where my beard grows in a 'swirl' is starting to get irritated. I might leave it on 3 for my face, and then turn the wick down for my neck. The Palmolive worked brilliantly again, I seem to have hit the sweet spot with it.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom