Shave of the Day, w/c Saturday 6th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
NatJag,

The brand of glycerine soap I use is "Clearly Natural". I purchase it at a local grocery and I doubt it would be procurable in the UK.

Claus Porto makes some glycerine soap that perhaps could be found in your neck of the woods, or something similar perhaps at one of your drug stores, excuse me, apothicaries.

Hawkeye5 said:
NatJag,

The brand of glycerine soap I use is "Clearly Natural". I purchase it at a local grocery and I doubt it would be procurable in the UK.

Claus Porto makes some glycerine soap that perhaps could be found in your neck of the woods, or something similar perhaps at one of your drug stores, excuse me, apothicaries.

Cheers for that. I found the Claus Porto soap. and Clearly Natural on Amazon.

Wednesday

1936 Gillette Red & Black Set razor
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Real Shaving Co Double Concentrated Shave2 cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Gillette Series AS Balm
Boots Essentials Moisturiser

IMG_0865.JPG

NatJag said:
Hawkeye5 said:
NatJag,

Cheers for that. I found the Claus Porto soap. and Clearly Natural on Amazon.

Good!

I like your current avatar, but I seem to pause each time I scroll past. :oops:

Wednesday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, lather face massage, hot towel.
Soap: Provence Sante.
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best.
Razor: 13/16ths Eishartung Inox.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Proraso Balm & Splash.

13-16thsEishartungSOTD.jpg

Thursday

Futur (2)
Red Personna (5)
Mühle Pure Badger
Irisch Moos
New Scuttle :D
Old Spice Fresh Lime AS
Nivea ASB.

Reckon i could get another shave out of the Red, but think i'll change tomorrow to be safe.
Scuttle is great! Didn't think i had enough lather in there to start with, as the base of the lasther bowl part is much wider than the mug i had been using, but there was more than enough! Just got to get used to it! Mmmm warm lather! :p

Have a good day guys...only a couple to go until the weekend :shave

Thursday

Schick Injector Adjustable
Schick Platinum Blade
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Trumper's Rose Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Trumper's Spanish Leather Cologne

Ian

Thursday
Mühle R89
Derby (1) *
Trumpers Super Travel brush
GFT Coconut cream
Alum
Coral
GFT Moisteriser

Closer shave, with some red patches bottom of the neck.
*Started with Shaving Shacks Israeli Blade (4) but was tugging on first part so changed to the Derby from Vertical box. So 3 Days max on the Israeli blades. The derby whilst it cut my stubble wasn't as comfortable as it should be. I'll see tomorrow how it goes.

Thursday

Ever Ready
Ted Pella
Semogue 830
MWF
Alum
Aqua Velva
444 ASB

Great shave from the ER.

I would not be suprised to see the 830 become their bestseller.

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE87
Blue Bird (1)
Chinese Badger
TBS Macca Root cream
Alum
Witch Hazel (with added menthol)
Gillette series sensitive AB
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS

I tried a Blue Bird quite a while ago and had a nasty experience on the 2nd shave with dragging etc, as I've got my EJ87 now and hopefully my technique has got better , I thought I would give it another go. So the first shave today was very good, its a very sharp blade and the shave was smooth and left me with a DFS, so lets see what tomorrow brings .

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Tony_B said:
Chinese Badger Tony

Tony,

Is that one of the "Chinese Badger" Brushes from ebay? (Between £8 and £10)? I ask as i was wondering what they are like. I started a thread on it a couple of weeks ago, but no-one had tried one.
Cheers,

AJP said:
Tony,

Is that one of the "Chinese Badger" Brushes from ebay? (Between £8 and £10)? I ask as i was wondering what they are like. I started a thread on it a couple of weeks ago, but no-one had tried one.
Cheers,

Hi Tony

Yes it is I paid about £6 for it, decided to take a chance, its the only badger I've got (got tons of boars :roll: ) and it works ok, sheaded at first but its ok now and I'm very pleased with it.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom