Tuesday

Hot shower
Merkur 15c
Supermax Blade #3
Crabtree and Evelyn 'Nomad' soap
Wilkinson sword boar brush
Alum
Oldspice whitewater AS

Slept well last night after a 21 mile hilly cycle ride last night, my GPS tells me that I burned about 1300 calories :mrgreen: Had a lie in this morning as I had a meeting closer to home than work at 9:30, no point in going into the office 1st. DFS didn't over do it should have a good accumulation of stubble for a straight shave tomorrow. It could be my imagination but in the last few weeks my rate of beard growth appears to have increased, strange!

Tuesday

Gillette Tech
BlueBird (1)
Omega Pro #49
VDH Select/Wilkinson Blue Bowl [melted into the same bowl]
Boots Freshwood ASB
Brut AS

Done a bit of experimenting last night and ended up with a crossbreed soap, and by jolly is work great, loaded up my alloy Tech with a BB lathered up and had a slick smooth shave, I wanted to use the PAL again today but when I took the razor out of the alcohol the blade was starting to rust.

TTFN

Tony

Tuesday, 08-03-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm oil - Rooney 1/1 best badger - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Red Personna #1 - Pre Proraso - Col Conk Almond shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Physical + ASB Sul Filo del rasoio.

Afeitado03-08-10001.jpg

This shaving soap for me is a very good stuff, I really like it. I get a creamy and protective leather, the blade slides very well and the scent is really sweet; when I use it I feel like a child eating cakes or ice-creams (hot summer here). The balsam made by Proraso is very good for the skin, you can feel how it repair your face; not oily at all.

Tuesday

Proraso Pre/post
Fido 2201
Trumpers coconut cream
EJ mastiff + Iridium (3)
Thayers Original Alcohol free
ESPA moisturiser

Loving this cream. Still no ATG passes, and my face seems better for it - getting very comfortable shaves and still very close. Will stick with WTG, XTG, XTG for a bit longer.

Tuesday Evening

Merkur HD + Tesco IP
404 Boardger
Palmolive stick
Proraso AS splash

Good 2-pass shave, with a few touch-ups here and there.

Picked up the Palmolive stick in Wilkinsons today (having declared my preference for creams, it seems that I'm going all-out to contradict myself, having used - and enjoyed - Edwin Jagger and Tabac soaps the past few days). TBH, I actually prefer to use the Green One in stick form and face lather. It did a fine job tonight.

While not a bad performer, the 404 still sheds 1-2 hairs with each outing, which is a pissing nuisance.

Tuesday Evening

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post shave cream
New Forest Brush
ToOBS Almond cream
Supermax stainless (3)
Superspeed
Osma Alum
Pinaud Bay Rum

Another easy irritation free. The Almond cream produces a lovely slick lather, and the Supermax seems to cut better than on day one :? Just a straightforward two passes, and after a hot water rinse I used the alum, left it on for 30 secs or so with minimal sting and then did a cold water rinse. Worked well. The Bay Rum is a sample from Simmo :D and is the strongest AS I've got, nice though, and left me feeling all Christmasy :lol:

I bought some Menthol Crystals to feed my menthol craving, it wasn't really the shave to be trying them, but I couldn't resist dropping a couple into the bowl of hot water and I was shaving. Wow :twisted: My sinus's are now clear ;)

Tuesday

5/8 Air Brand
Cella soap
Vulfix No.5 pure bristle
Alum block
Gillette Series AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Tuesday Night:

Not much stubble had grown back since yesterday's 'Sheffield shave', but enough to remove before work resumes tomorrow. Thus, it seemed like a good time to revisit the Krona with adjustments to methodology following comments from hunnymonster (thanks agin, sir).

• - Schick Krona loaded with an Asco Orange stainless steel
      - Truefit & Hill Ultimate Luxury cream
      • (sample pack traded from me old china sunbury)[/list:u]
        - Le Tuft Cobalt Blue superBadger
        - Lavendar Thayers' Witch Hazel
        - Truefit & Hill Ultimate Luxury ASB[/list:u][/list:u]

Amazing difference in the performance of the Krona simply by using it at an angle that would have made a draggy-scraping shave from my Gillettes or the EJ89L the Schick gave a smooth near-bloodless performance (I need to work a bit more with it to get it down solid).

The T&H Ultimate Luxury cream was a good thick latherer, but if I let it sit too long it started to give me a dry, pre-itch, proto-skin-crawling feel. Their Ultimate Luxury ASB felt ok at the point of immediate application, but, I must have put on too much (or not enough perhaps) and it started to give a bit of a burn and bite sort of sensation. Maybe another flavour, or different way of application perhaps might be better for me - or possibly, just not using their stuff again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom