Hot shower
Proraso pre/post shave cream
New Forest Brush
MB Lime Ice
Supermax stainless (1)
Superspeed
Proraso AS

Great menthol hit again substituting Proraso soap for the the Lime Ice. My first go with a Supermax blade, it was 'ok' but maybe I was a bit unrealistic coming to it from a Feather......

Sunday

Gillette New (unidentified, but very similar to the French Service Set though stamped "Made In England")
Feather
Shaving Shack Value Bristle brush
Nanny's Yushu soap
Alum block
Simple For Men AS Balm
Blue Stratos AS

Monday

5/8 Texol No.5
Palmolive soap (milled into a bowl)
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Alum block
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Tesco 'Cool' AS

Fusion power razor, and blade.
Savile Row 3120 S/Tip
Mellor & Russell cream(tube).

Alum. / Proraso AS. Shaved at approx. 7am.

Hi folks!

Mon. am rush -as usual ! :roll: Everything OK, One pass, DFS.

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Soap: Col. Conk Bayrum
AS: AII Osage

SPM_A2162.jpg

Monday Evening

Hot shower
New Forest Brush
Godrej Lime Delux
Supermax stainless (2)
Superspeed
OS Lime

I wanted a quick, easy stressfree shave to give my skin a break on my days off. In the pre DE days I didn't shave on days off, but can't see that happening again for a while! :lol: The Godrej cream always impresses me with it's lather, although compared to yesterdays ME Lime Ice the 'limeyness' was a bit weak...... Two passes on the face, and one WTG on my neck, finished off with a generous splash of my new OS Lime - good, strong, fruity stuff :D

Jury's still out on the Supermax.

Monday

Razor- Tv Special rocket
Brush- Duke 2
Soap- Col conk lime
Blade- 7 O'clock black
Alum+ Old spice lime
[attachment=0]

After a week of messing about with diffrent razors and blades nice to go back to proven combination.

Attachments

• 20100802_002.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 77
Monday Night:

Something of a "Shaved in Sheffield" night I guess...

- Edwin Jagger DE89L with NOS New Jewel by Jewel Blade
- Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn cream and Le Tuft Cobalt Blue superBadger
- PeachThayers' Witch Hazel

Tuesday
EJ DE87 / Feather blade
Simpson Tulip
D R Harris Marlborough (haven't given up on it yet, Ian)
Kouros EDT

Back to work after 10 days leave.

Back to the old routine, up early(0430), ipod on (Beethoven's 7th Symphony today), running for half an hour, quick check on here, breakfast (Shredded Wheat - but only two of), bath (ah, Imperial Leather soap), and out the door for 0630.

Tuesday 08:00

Proraso pre sensitive : 34G/Rubie : SOC : Tabac : alum : Tabac AS

1. Imitating Vinny here (cause I liked the way he wrote it):

Back to work after a day in Ventspils (200 km away) y'day for visiting a ship that had requested routine annual surveys.

Standard routine, up as usual (0700), sat TV on a Greek morning news show, shower, shave, too late again for breakfast (Greek yogurt - so ended up throwing it in my bag along with a small glass container full of nuts and muesli), dress, and out the door at 08:25 (because "in [their] culture the unit manager comes before his area manager").

Breakfast at the office along with this site loaded in my main monitor, followed by check of personal email while enjoying some nice TWG green tea.

2. I like Hermit's combo, the sea buckthorn creme with the peach witch hazel. This evening I plan to finally post him few shaving goodies made in this side of the world.

3. On today's shave (apologies, no pic, but I'll come back stronger):

I think I have finally broken the barrier - neck irritation is nearly gone. I have been
(a) applying considerably less pressure over the suspicious area, and
(b) after identifying the grain direction in that suspicious area, started shaving with the grain (although it looks awkward from a directional point of view).
Let's see if the results will be consistent.

Still feels kind of not natural with using a soap, I'll give it time though as it appears in this craft there's plenty to learn and to improve on as time goes by.
I have found out that simply by newbie ignorance you can (very wrongly) write off many things that would normally work very well under a wide range of circumstances.
I still believe I'm a cremes man at present, but because of the above plenty of time will be given to hard soaps.

4. I've been contemplating for days getting some really good stuff (Domenico Caraceni sc, Santa Maria Novella sc, Pens, etc.)
Seeing the very big difference technique makes, I'm still on the fence. Sooner or later I'll get those as well, but perhaps this moment can wait a bit more.
As they say, it's not the camera - it's the photographer.

Have a nice day, gents.

Konstantinos

Tuesday

40s SS & Super Thin (1)
Palmolive & EJ BB
Alum
Pinaud Clubman

I find a couple of miles on the push iron on the way to work takes off some of the Tarts Boudoir* edge of the Pinaud.

Mmmmm....Tarts Boudoirs - thought it smelled familiar :oops: :shock: :D

*based on the opinion of Mrs M who has never been known to be wrong, apparently

Tuesday

Trumper "Chatsworth" Razor
Swede
New Forest 2201
Coates Tea Tree Limited Edition Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

First shave with the 'new' Coates cream. Nice scent and lathers like mad!!

Ian

Tuesday

EJ Chatsworth
Wilkinson Sword Classic Blade (4)
New Forest 2201
Nanny's Citrus Zinger.
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Floid Original AS.

A very nice relaxing shave. :cool:

Tuesday midday
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Shavemac by Dovo 5/8
Brush: New Forest
Soap: Palmolive stick
AS: Laura Biogiotti ROMA
Result: Very nice shave

Pamlolive is a really nice soap, easy to use, slippery and rich lather. Face lather with the Fido is an extra easy task aswell, it´s a very nice brush, in short.
46662d1280832661-sotd-sun-august-1th-sat-august-7th-bild-008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom