Shave of the day w/c Saturday 29th May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

72 hrs stubble

AoS pure badger
Vision 2000 w/ Gillette Bleue Extra [English Swedes] (3)
MWF
AoS alum
TWH
Proraso Pre/post Sensitive

- Psychosis? Interesting topic, but yes, you should normally seek prof help for your friend. My doctor used to work in a practice in London for 10 years; he uses Ayurveda for treating mental cases, from stress to more serious ones. Alleviate, I should say though, instead of 'treat', as he is a G.P. and not a neurologist or a psychiatrist.
- The Hermit writes nice, like the colours and formatting but strange enough cannot seem motivated enough to read the whole thing for once.
- I cannot understand why NatJag keeps calling the moisturizer a 'moisteriser'. :)
- The Vision 2000 with all its qc issues behaves like a slant. A solid tool, but should have been more careful and read the reviews at B&B before splurging 75 quid on it.
- First time use of the Proraso as post-shave cream. Yes, there are good and cheaper alternatives to my beloved Creme de La Mer. Nice cool feeling on a rainy day in the Baltics.

Next: Friday am - the last shave in E.U. grounds.

Tuesday

EJ DE89L
Red Personna (4)
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Boots Soap

Nivea ASB
Tabaco AS

The Wilkinson's brush does not appear to have been a one-off performance yesterday. I thought it was brilliant this morning with Boots' best bowl (still not sure about the heavy scent though...).

Another great shave today.
:)

Tuesday morning - head and face
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Frederick´s The Old School Razor + NEW (for head)
Brush: Jade handle custom 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Cella
AS: Italian Floid
Very nice shave! I love Cella and I feel the scent of it allmost half a day after :shave

43345d1275379522-sotd-sun-may-30th-sat-june-05th-snb11720.jpg

Re: Tuesday

N_Architect said:
- I cannot understand why NatJag keeps calling the moisturizer a 'moisteriser'. :)

Clearly spelling is not my strong point with that word. I avoided using it this morning just so I didn't spell it incorrect. On checking the dictionary I notice in UK it's spelt 'Moisturiser' and US 'Moisturizer'. Either way no 'Moisteriser". I stand corrected my friend.

Monday
Mühle R89
Israeli (4)
Travel Super Badger
Nanny's Citrus
Coral

I only went for a quick shave this morning. 2 passes plus a light touch up on the chin - seems to be a usual place for many. A CCS.

Tuesday

Feather Portable
NOS Gillette Super Silver
Omega Pro #49
Palmolive Soap

Nice shave from the little Feather.

TTFN

Tony

Tuesday

EJ Bull Mastiff
Feather (2)
Neo Custom Finest 2 band
Nannys Yushi Soap
Alum
Anthonys Razor Burn Relief

Dont think the feathers are for me... A better shave 2nd time around, very very smooth, but at the cost of some irritation. I really felt the alum today.

Tuesday

1969 Gillette Blue-Tip Superspeed
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum block
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Blue Stratos AS

Wanted a totally non-aggressive shave as my face is still in a bit of a bumpy mess after last night's Kai experience. Got a DFS, surprisingly - the Shaving Shack blade seems to work really well in the Blue-Tip. Bit of a contrast to the last use of the same razor, when I struggled to clear much of my stubble. Nice! :shave

Tuesday 06-01-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue Excelsior LE09 - Gillette Tech french set - 7 O'clock yellow #2 - Pre Proraso - Proraso shaving cream with lanoline - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Williams Aqua Velva.

Afeitado01-06-10002.jpg

NatJag said:
N_Architect said:

Clearly spelling is not my strong point with that word. I avoided using it this morning just so I didn't spell it incorrect. On checking the dictionary I notice in UK it's spelt 'Moisturiser' and US 'Moisturizer'. Either way no 'Moisteriser". I stand corrected my friend.

Monday
Mühle R89
Israeli (4)
Travel Super Badger
Nanny's Citrus
Coral

I only went for a quick shave this morning. 2 passes plus a light touch up on the chin - seems to be a usual place for many. A CCS.

Ok NatJag, I give up, wot's a CCS ?

spandex .. :)

spandexcodpiece said:
NatJag said:
N_Architect said:

Monday
Mühle R89
Israeli (4)
Travel Super Badger
Nanny's Citrus
Coral

Ok NatJag, I give up, wot's a CCS ?

spandex .. :)

Perhaps it was the "Collective Consciousness Society." It was a jazz/rock outfit from 1970ish, featuring the late Alexis Korner, which released a version of Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lotta Love' which was used for years on TOTP.

Hope this helps (in your next pub quiz)?

Sad and old or what?

;)

N_Architect said:
<snipped>
- The Hermit writes nice, like the colours and formatting but strange enough cannot seem motivated enough to read the whole thing for once.
<snipped>

No pobs; short version:

I think my technique's getting better & stuff.
:cool:

... though having said that, today (Tuesday), I pinked myself a bit when I got a tremor and made bad, 'sliding' contact with a SuperMax. A little blood flowing, but for a longish time before it stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom