Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Gillette 58
7 O'clock Green
Omega 10029
Prairie Creations w/lanolin - Dragons Blood
Alum
Masters Bay Rum AS

First shave with a 7 O'clock Green, quite impressive.

Thursday

EJ DE87
Gillette Platinum
Commodore X1
TOBS Lemon & Lime cream
RazorRock alum
Aquatonic
RSC balm

Rubbish shave today. Felt rough from the off so just took two light passes, really uneven, the left side of my neck feels like it's barely been touched. Bah, just when I thought I was getting the hang this shaving lark!

Thanks fo the mini-review pbroddi.

And now, for my Evening Shave Report for the delight and edification of all...

Welcome to the Thursday edition of the Evening Shave Report. I'm the Urban Hermit, and you're not.

• - Pre-Shave - my very own Kitchen Sink Experiment Recipe No. 1 shave oil.
    - Semogue 2000 with Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
    - 1940s (NDC) Gillette Fat-handled Tech slotted p with a Czec Stainless Tiger
    - torrents of cold water
    - my very own Kitchen Sink Experiment Recipe No. 2, Witch Hazel/Aloe spray
    - alummmmm, heartily applied with a casually, jaunty tune stuck in my brain...
    - Simple for Men Soothing ASB[/list:u]

Still trying to: reduce over-stroking passes until I get to an oil/polish phase and buff the trouble areas.

Still working on: lightening the pressure while keeping proper blade contact.

Except for a couple of relatively minor, problem areas, I find it's progressing rather nicely. DFSs are becoming more consistently executed, and other than a few grainless/multi-grained areas that simply will not shave smooth, close shaves are becoming more prevalent in my repetoire.

Razor: Gold Dollar 208
Brush: Vie-Long 12315
Cream: Olivia Seife Bayrum
AS: AII Osage

SPM_A1255.jpg

Friday

Futur
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Friday

Edwin Jagger DE89, Wilkinson Sword blade
Vulfix 2235, Boots shave bowl
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater

Very quick SAS, As I want to shave tonight so that I can get a shave with the straight in on Saturday and Sunday evenings!

Friday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Friodur 8/8 with cracked ice scales
Brush: Two banded finest 24 mm custom (by Chris)
Soap: Nannys Juniper LE
Astringment: Alum
AS: Lacoste Challenge

Result: Very nice! Even though I must say that the Friodur doesn´t shave easly for me, the edge seems a bit off. It was supposed to come shave ready, but I think I´ll have Neil to take a look, or maybe I´ll try a touch up on the coticule. Hmmm.

I love Nannys soft soap. I´ll only ordering from her from now and eventully only have nanny soaps and Cella in my rotation. The rest´ll have to go. Maybe the odd high end soap, but that´s it. Of course soaps are personal, but hers fits me soo good.
43496d1275636310-sotd-sun-may-30th-sat-june-05th-snb11793.jpg

Here's today's offering. Not tried the Palmolive cream before, but it worked very well. Razor is a 1947 Superspeed that I bought of the forum, coupled with a personna Red blade. Omega Boar brush. Very nice shave overall. :shave

005gz.jpg

Friday

DE87 ( these razors are so good )
gillette super thin ( they call these super for a reason )
ebay no name badger ( works really well cost nect to nothing )
nannys yushu (excellent soap , I've been using it exclusively since I got it )
alum
aqua velva ( sizzlingly cooling )

Last few days I was away with work and used a disposable bic sensitive and it was crap but it made todays excellent shave seem so much better.
Gillette Super thins are so good , get loads before they become scarce again.
I've stopped using asb, witch hazel etc; and keep them in reserve for emergencies "when good shaves go bad" (thursday 9:30 sky 1 ).
A rub of alum, a cold rinse and then a good strong aftershave (old spice fresh lime , or AV ) as advised by Antdad , and it works a treat !!

Friday

A day off, so thought i'd take my time with the straight. Managed an ok couple of passes WTG, though there was plenty of stubble left. Managed XTG ish, with some discomfort on chin area (+ a couple of nicks) and struggled ATG. Finished off with an ATG pass using the EJ Chatsworth to also clean up.
I think i am getting there with the angle, but more practise required.

Completed with plenty of Alum, a couple of touches of styptic, a dash of witch hazel and a liberal splash of OS Fresh Lime AS.

DSC_0024-1.jpg

Friday

Gillette Tech
Israeli (4)
Super badger travel brush
Trumpers Coconut
Coral Skin food
Moisturiser

DFS-, despite many passes, although the blade is on it's forth go.

Thursday

Neo BBBB
Wallace Armer 5/8 round point

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Pitralon Classic a/s

I'm tending towards Mikael's position on soaps: Nanny's and Cella, but with the addition of Wool Fat.

Friday,

Gillette 58
7 O'clock green super stainless D2
Rudy Vey custom 2 Band
Musgo Real
Alum
Masters Bay Rum AS

Day off today. The kids broke up from school yesterday. Lit the fire in the pit at 06:15, upto temp ~ 225F at 07:00. On went the pre rubbed pork butt & a trimmed brisket. Stacked on some oak logs & the dog & I hit the trails. Wife & kids still zzZ :lol:

Gah my mach 3 "experiment" earlier in the week was a total bad idea. From one shave with a mach 3 I noticed my hairs growing in at slightly different directions. I have red bumps and itchyness where I didn't have them before and it has also left me with a really irritated patch just under the jawline below the right ear which stung from the first pass today. Rest of todays shave was good though.

Friday

Tech
Feather
Vulfix 404 mix
Speick Stick
Witch hazel
The last of the AS sample sent to me by Sonny

All good and well apart from the area mentioned above. Might leave it a while to see if it will heal before shaving again.

Also, left out the Alum today and my skin feels better for it. Maybe the Alum's days are numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom