Shave of the day w/c Saturday 29th May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Kent BK4
Lindsay's Choice 6/8 square point

Yushu
Taylor's sandalwood a/s

Didn't shave last night - not enough blood in the winestream - so a bit more growth to get rid of than usual. This was a real wake-you-up combination, just the ticket.

Saturday

Futur (1.5)
Astra Platinum (1)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
Nanny's Citrus Zinger
Alum
ToOBS No 74 Victorian Limes AS
Nivea ASB.

Struggled to keep a lasting lather again - though the beauty of this armour...i mean soap is that it is protective and shaveable, even if the lather is fading! Scuttle may have been too hot or there may have been too much water in the brush. I did re-load at one point, but the same happened.

Have a good weekend chaps.

Saturday

AoS badger
Vision 2000 / Gillette Blue [English Swedes] (2)
Old Spice Shulton (Indian) sc
AoS alum
Old Spice AS (German, P&G)
Speick ASB

- 48 hrs stubble and, once again, neck irritation.
- I was wondering if lagaffe gave up on the Cella (I certainly hope he didn't).
- These blades seem to be doing a good job, nothing too good or too bad though to be reported as yet.
- Getting ready for the long journey, packed my R89 and also the Merkur travel OC with few blades together with my Acqua di Parma sc sample little container and AoS travel badger.

Have a great bank holiday/Memorial weekend gents.

Saturday

Trumper Razor
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Wilkinson Sword (German)
Erasmic soap
Vulfix 2235
Alum
Aquatonic AS

A DFS the Wilkinson Sword blade still going strong, lost count of the number of shaves! Only doing a 2 pass shave in the mornings at the moment not going for a BBS.

Sill on holiday - set off back home tomorrow. So this morning (Saturday) the shave was the usual:

Culmak soap
Men-U bristle brush
Feather travel razor
Feather blade (3)
Rose water toner

Really liking the feather combination - feels mild and gentle but effortlessly shifts the stubble. Two pass leaving me near BBS.

The rose water was lovely too, left me smelling like a tarts boudoir for a while though but nothing offensive. Had a search around for the price of rose water on the net and found the stuff I got at a few quid less - if anyone is interested then it's available (with free delivery) at:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/928293_Power_Health_Rosewater_Toner_250ml.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-loc ... 250ml.html</a><!-- m -->

Saturday

EJ DE87
TOBS Lemon & Lime cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow
RazorRock alum
Aquatonic
RSC Balm

Oooh, lovely shave today. Went back to the TOBS to do another comparison with the Trumpers and it worked beautifully, really slick and cushioning compared to what I've been getting of late with the Trumpers - I think I've been overworking the lather as this just took a few whirls and it was ready. The razor was cutting really well and I even dared to go against the grain on my neck. This is definitely the best result I've had in the short time I've been DE shaving and I'd class it as a damn fine shave - I've shifted my own goalposts with this shave and I now know that I don't have to accept an overly stubbly neck.

Now to keep at it and try to make it an everyday occurance.

Re: Saturday

N_Architect said:
- I was wondering if lagaffe gave up on the Cella (I certainly hope he didn't).

Nope - went back to it again and finally got something of a slicker lather than before. I shall return to it again as I reckon it's taking a while to 'bed in' and looks like it requires a special technique unlike any of my other soaps!

Saturday

Merkur 23c
Feather (3rd & final use)
Arko stick
Kent BK4
Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Gil. K4 Flair Tip // 7 o' clock yellow
Simp. Duke 3 Best
Erasmic cream
and after...
Alum
Thayers Witch Hazel (Cucumber).
Tabac A/S Prep: Warm bath, Hot flannels, Shower Gel.

Good evening everyone! Had a very leisurely bath, and a nice time consuming shave-with a different combo. Worked very well, I am most definitely an Erasmic cream fan now! 3 passes, and quite a lot of "fiddling around" produced a DFS. Collected a small nick on the neck, but apart from that a smooth, comfortable experience. :D

spandex..

Up with the birds this morning on a day off so decided I'd run a test. I've been shaving now with a DE exclusively since about October and I decided I wanted to do a comparison with my Mach 3 Shaves of before. So......

Sunday

Mach 3 (new blade)
No Name Badger Brush
Speick Cream
Alum/Witch hazel
Old Spice Lime AS

2 pass WTG and XTG. DFS with little irritation however still not as close as a DE shave and my neck still went a bit red, as it usually does after a shave. Little sting with alum (as per every shave) so on the whole the shave was almost exactly the same.

However I didn't feel satisfied in the same way that I do with a DE shave. I will use my M3 if Im in a hurry or when I'm on holiday away somewhere but for the time being I am now convinced that DE was the way to go.

Sunday

Futur
Astra Platinum (2)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
Tabac Soap
Alum
Tabac AS
Tabac ASB.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again...it's Tabactastic :oops:

Lovely shave and the knowledge now that i'm going to smell good quite literally until bedtime - :lol: Though this is the reason i tend not to use Tabac on a work day - it is a very long lasting and strong smell.

Have a relaxing day gents.

Razor: Rogers Special
Brush: Vie-Long 12315
Soap: Kell's Casbah Mint
AS: Master Bayrum, AII Osage

SPM_A1198.jpg

Sunday

Trumper Razor
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Tried a shave without the Pre-Shave this morning. The shave was ok, but did feel a little different without the Pre.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom