Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 19th June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all, and happy birthday Ian.

GFT Coral skin food as a pre-shave
RSC Shave cream
Men-U pure bristle brush
Feather and Futur
Alum
Proraso AS splash
More skin food

Phew! typist's cramp. :lol:

Wednesday

Sephora Men badger brush
Proraso green (tub)
R89 / Gillette Platinum
Alum
Old Spice AS
Amouage Dia EdP

- A fine shave (DFS), largely assisted by the soft water here in Athens, Greece.
- A decent performance last night, ok, the arrogant man's (that who calls himself a coach) team was going to go through anyway but Greece fought and gave their best. Now let Uruguay hammer the Koreans.
- It is really bad to see teams like France in such a state.
- The Dia is much better than the Gold, although both are very nice perfumes indeed. Still on first impressions, anyway.
- Happy birthday, Ian.

Wednesday

The last of my Rooney's, the now unavailable "Finest" This is the 1/2 - 24mm knot with a 56mm loft. This is a superb brush - it should be at around £200. With such a high loft it is a relatively floppy brush yet it is firm enough to make a reasonable job of face lathering. Painting on with a cream with this brush is one of the best shaving experiences you could wish for. Many people claim this to be a firm brush - perhaps their versions have slightly shorter lofts. Nanny's Lavender continues to perform and Floris Elite finishes things of nicely.

Guess where I'll be between 3pm and 5pm. Then will the flag be at half mast?

6-10.jpg

Tuesday Evening

After a couple of days off work i'm back to work Wednesday morning for the first of five x 12hr shifts.
I had a day out at the coast today on my motorscooter as the weather was really nice. After a day of riding I needed a good wash and brush-up.

Prep by wash with Wrights Traditional Coal Tar soap
4/8" Wilkinsons Special Full-Hollow Ground Round-Point
stropped on a Neil Miller 2.5" Cowhide strop
.... purchased here from the B/S/T
TABAC soap in Shulton OS Mug
Simpsons Commodore X1
One Planet ASB

Got a CCS. But to be honest was not really in the mood for shaving. More interested in sleepin than anything else.

Wednesday

Bassler 5/8 stainless
Vulfix 2235
Lather: Boots soap, Wars cream +a few drops of glycerine
Alum
Witch hazel
Stratos AS

Another very slick lather! About the 16th shave with an open razor. Took a long time over it and got the best shave so far but so far still to go. Not irritation free
_flame__by_GirlFlash.gif
and some nicks but getting there!

Wednesday

EJDE89
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (9)
custom (beejay) silvertip
Body Shop Macca Root cream
Kenzo Air A/S
Kenzo Air EDT

All good.

Many happy returns to IanM! :)

Wednesday

Semogue 2009 LE
Dovo 1516

Cyril Salter rose cream
Musgo Real Classic a/s

I have a couple of observations today, for a change. Firstly, that's the last of the Salter cream sample from Sonny, and I have to agree with him about it: easily as good as any other shaving cream known to me regardless of price, and smells very good too. I may well restock with this.

I've also nearly managed to see off the sample bottle of Musgo, and whilst the scent is one of the best, it doesn't earn a permanent place in the stash, on account of the way it leaves my face looking like it's just been varnished. I'm very tempted by a bottle of cologne though.

Damian Murphy said:
I spotted the body spray+ aftershave in local chemist for 10 euro.
Crikey Damian, that's about £8 or £8.50 !! (about twice what I paid!!). No, wait a min. I think the spray was less than £2.00 :shock:

du212 said:
Today, I shaved in the Barbershop, with Maite Arbea, the only barbershop in Pamplona, the city near my little village

Truefitt&Hill 1805 SC and ASB, Vie Long Brush,...

_DSC5357.jpg
Hey du, how are you!

Did you take your own stuff with you, or did they tell you what they were using on you? The photo, is that you waiting for your shave, or is it on another occasion ? :?

Wednesday, 06-23-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue LE09 - Gillette Red Tip - 7 O'clock green Permasharp Stainless #3 - Pre Proraso - TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Weleda + ASB 444.

Afeitado23-06-10002.jpg

Gil. Superspeed(UK) // Red Personna (3)
Savile Row 3120 S/Tip
EJ Prem. cream(tube) Aloe Vera.
..and after:
Alum // O.Spice AS

Hi folks! Took about 10 mins. but was OK! Slightly better than an SAS, certainly alright for the office. Handful of O.Spice AS to the face and a liberal application of the Body spray really sets you up for a warm summer's day ! 2 passes,with and against, blade now binned! Just beginning to develop an instinct for blade life now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom