Gillette Slim adjustable (#5)
Feather (#2)
Henk's Bay Rum with a Twist cream
Kent BK4
Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Gillette Series AS Balm
Cella Classica cologne

Thursday, 06-24-10. MWF day.

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson silvertip - GEM Feather Weight - Pre Proraso - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Irisch Moos + ASB 444.

Afeitado24-06-10001.jpg

Thursday

Proraso pre/post
Neo custom 2 band finest
MWF
EJ mastiff +Superthin (2)
Alum
Sandalwood skin food
Aloe vera

A close shave, but still some irritation. I think my angle might have been off this evening after my previous shave with the HD. Seemed like a good lather from the MWF again.

Overall, not an enjoyable one tonight... we all have our off days I suppose :cry:

Thursday night:

• - The generous application of cold water was interspersed throughout this evening's shaving experience, as is my custom.
    - Thayers' Rose witch hazel as cleanser
    - 1940's Gillette (English-made) Tech with handle alleged to be of substantial girth;
      • Silver Star Super Stainless blade (Lord Group - Egypt)[/list:u][/list:u]
        - Semogue 2000 with Nanny's Exotic soft shave soap
        - My Mild Menthol AlumWater Spritz
        - Thayers' Lavender Witch Hazel [/list:u]

The light, fresh floral of the Thayers', when cooled by the light, fresh "menthol caress" of my 'Kitchen Science' experimental alum spritzer, combined to morph a hot, muggy, irrtatingly-dense day into a light, fresh, nigh-ethereally transcendant ... thang!
          • Great Googa-Mooga![/list:u][/list:u]

Thursday #2

Futur + Superthin
Vulfix 404 Boar
Erasmic Shavebowl soap
Alum
Witch Hazel
Boots Freshwood ASB
Aquatonic AS

This mornings shave was a quick SAS this evenings is intended to do for work tomorrow. My face is a little sore from the intensive open razor training yesterday so the plan was for a slow careful shave tonight to allow a rest day tomorrow. Well that's the plan anyway!

THURSDAY NIGHT

EJ DE89L
Jewell Stainless (NOS)
Vulfix Bristle
Cyril Salter Wild Rose Cream (Sample Trade With User "sj184" thank you)
Proraso Balm
Bay Rum AS

Very nice Shave, really do suggest that you boys get an EJ DE89L, it just blasts away the competition

Steve

Slant 37G / Dorco blade(for Dorcs naturally).
Duke 3 B/Badger.
Mellor & Russell cream (M&R) from Wilkinson stores.
Alum
Thayers W/H Toner, Rose Petal.

Hi all! Shaved late, and going to beddy-byes after this post, so didn't use much in the way of finishing product.
Seems to me almost any old blade will perform well in a "Slant". 3 passes in the established manner, touch ups around chin and mouth produced a CCS, almost a DFS! The cheap cream was a revelation. The 150ml tube is a real bargain from Wilkinson "saver" shops(sorry, can't remember price, but was around 85p or so). Produces loads of thick creamy lather containing Allantoin and Yarrow, has menthol in it as well. I would say it compares very well with Erasmic! I bought some Old Spice Whitewater AS the other day, and I used a small amount tonight. It's really nice, very fresh and zesty, it fits into the Old Spice range well, and smells more expensive than it is.(£4 instead of £5 in Tesco's at present). ni-night ! :D

spandex..

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Omega 599
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
AS: AII Osage
ASB: C.O. Bigelow Green Elixir
Cologne: C.O. Bigelow Green Elixir

SPM_A1462.jpg

Thursday

This Edwin Jagger Super (large) is surprisingly floppy for a brush with a 23mm knot and 53mm loft.. But show it who's boss and it performs well with an old dependable like Tabac. Jagger knots tend to be less dense than average but create plenty of lather and are comfortable on the face. And Jagger rate "Super" as lower than it's "Silvertip" With Rooney it's the other way round.

6-11.jpg

Friday

Proraso on a summer day. One of the great delights. Edwin Jagger Medium silvertip did it's best but it's not really good for scrubby face lathering. In to and fro painting motion it is soft, luxurious and highly effective. I'm going to stick with using it for creams in future. Chatsworth Jagger/red personna gives me a super smooth shave.

62.jpg

Friday

EJ Chatsworth
Thai Superthin (2)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
VDH Deluxe soap
Witch Hazel
Faberge Addiction AS.

Not a bad shave. Had to be quite quick though as i was fighting the sleep monster and almost didn't get out of bed! :lol:

Friday

Merkur 34c
Blue Bird Hi Stainless (1)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Tabac Soap Stick

Nivea ASB

Really a rather good shave. This was the most obscure blade I could find in my box of non-stock blades, I have never seen it used here either. Smooth and comfortable, although it didn't feel overly sharp it easily did the trick. Very slight nick to the chin. It'll be interesting to see how long the blade lasts.

Tabac sticks are infinitely better (for me) than the bowl. I know it's the same stuff, it must be me and my comfort zone.

Didn't use an AS this morning but had a blast of some NEXT EdT. I smell (shall we say) exotic...hmmm! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom