Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 17th April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

Futur (2 1/2) / Gillette Premium (Russian) (1)
Dovo pure badger
AoS Sandalwood SC
Alum + Clinique Scruffing Lotion 2 1/2
Taylors Mr. T. AS
C&E Nomad ASB

Three days stubble, and an excellent shave.
The AoS SC is very nice, so is the C&E ASB (not thick but does provide the needed protection - its scent is also not strong at all).

Have a great week gents.

Monday

40s SS Black Tip
Super Iridium (shave 2)
Tabac Soap
Hackett PSB
Tabac AS

Went for a SAS single pass as i had a shave last night. Oh dear, I know me and Mr Iridium do not get on (100 Astra's still on way from US - bloody volcanoes!) but i ended up with 3 teeny weeny nicks. This was the 3rd shave with this razor after the previous FT SS, so although i am sort of blaming the blades, there may just be a subtle difference between the razors i just have yet to nail down. :|

lagaffe said:
Blimey - the Kai really chewed up the sensitive parts of my neck in the 23c, whereas a Feather, even on it's third use, didn't. It's one of the ones Sonny sent me as he didn't get on with them - perhaps a dud batch? Haven't had that kind of problem with the ones I recently bought from dridiot or the 5 I got from Boab with a Superspeed I bought from him. I might try one of my new Kais in the same razor for comparison once my neck's healed.

Same thing happened to me. I hated them. I thought it was just jmy beard. It's promising to hear that they are not all like that. I can't remember who sent the kai's to me, otherwise I could ask them if they found them to be a 'bad batch' too.

Monday

British Ever Ready
GEM SE blade
Palmolive stick (grated into a bowl)
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Boots Witch hazel
Body Shop White Musk For Men AS balm
Body Shop White Musk For Men EDT

(A surprisingly good nick-free shave, considering my mind was all over the place this morning as I'd just booked my ailing 19yr-old cat in at the vet to be put down later in the day :( )

Monday

Proraso Aloe & Green Tea Shaving Soap
Semogue 1305 brush
Gebr. Weyersberg «Corneta» 15/16" Straight Razor
Acqua di Gio After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm
sdc11587wt.jpg

Tuesday
Feather Artist Club (with Pro blade)
Semogue 1305 brush
Tabac shaving soap
Old spice aftershave

Tuesday

Futur (2)
Cerrus (3)
Mühle Pure badger
SWK Scuttle
VDH Deluxe Soap
Alum
Brut Aquatonic AS
Nivea ASB.

Really impressed with this soap! In the past i could get good results with the 404 Boadger, but struggled with a badger, until i realised the brush was too wet at first. So today, i squeezed most of the water out, loaded the brush up and then just added drops here and there into the scuttle. Enough lather for 4 passes a touch up and more left in the brush! It is a very nice slick lather too, which leaves the face feeling very good. If you can get it, i recommend this soap is given a try.

Have a good day gents.

Tuesday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Cella
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Trumper's Bay Rum Cologne

Apart from the blade, I can't see this changing for a while.

Ian

IanM said:
Tuesday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Cella
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Trumper's Bay Rum Cologne

Apart from the blade, I can't see this changing for a while.

Ian

The Trumpers Bay Rum certainly has balls doesn't it.

Blyth Spirit said:
Very nice but I think that the Shark has just about gone. I'm tempted to give it another day but at that cost why?

Because it's not the cost that counts in the end, but availability. Every extra day from a blade is one day more before your, potentially limited, supply of favourite blades runs out...

henkverhaar said:
Blyth Spirit said:
Very nice but I think that the Shark has just about gone. I'm tempted to give it another day but at that cost why?

Because it's not the cost that counts in the end, but availability. Every extra day from a blade is one day more before your, potentially limited, supply of favourite blades runs out...

...I take your point Henk but quality of performance is more important than another day's shave relative to the cost % saved. Stretching another day wth the risk of a sub-standard shave is not a contest to me.

As to favourite blades, I'm relatively relaxed about this. I really do like Merkur, Red Personna and Derby (in specific razors) the rest are daily stock.

:)

Tuesday

Flaretip Rocket
Personna (2)
Tabac
no name ebay badger brush
alum
nivea sensitive asb/old spice fresh lime after shave

The personna was'nt as rought as yesterday , still not going on my 'good' list though. The old spice fresh lime is so good .
Managed a DFS+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom