Not open for further replies.
Sunday

Merkur 23c
Kai
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Erasmic stick
Jasper Conran Man balm
Blue Stratos AS

Blimey - the Kai really chewed up the sensitive parts of my neck in the 23c, whereas a Feather, even on it's third use, didn't. It's one of the ones Sonny sent me as he didn't get on with them - perhaps a dud batch? Haven't had that kind of problem with the ones I recently bought from dridiot or the 5 I got from Boab with a Superspeed I bought from him. I might try one of my new Kais in the same razor for comparison once my neck's healed.

Sunday
Feather Artist Club RG (folding)
Feather Professional blade
Semogue 1305
Old Spice shaving soap
Old Spice aftershave

Starting to miss the old Duke badger brush. Boar is OK but . . . I don't know.

Sunday

Flaretip Rocket
red personna
no name ebay badger
godrej lime shaving cream
boots tea tree and witchhazel
nivea asb /old spice fresh lime after shave

Had the personna from a sample pack , close shave but a bit rough, won't be adding to my list of 'good' blades.
The godrej makes good lather and smells great. I just love the old spice fresh lime after shave ,the smell is great and I swear my face goes numb for a bit after it,wow.

Sunday evening.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Myrsol emulsion - Semogue LE09 - Merkur Slant - Astra #1 - GIBBS nº53 - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL La Toja.

Afeitado18-04-10002.jpg

Saturday Eve

St James Hot Towel Mask
Feather portable razor (courtesy of Pauldog!)
red Personna
kent H8
Trufitt & Hill Almond cream sample
Thayers alcohol free with cucumber
T & H Ultimate ASB

DFS with the Feather portable, thought i would struggle with the tiny Feather but found it to be a great little razor

Sunday Eve

DE89L
Treet blade
Men U Shave cream (tea tree)
Kent H8
Thayers
Proraso Post

Great BBS, surprised how well the Men U cream performed considering it was a freebie with a cheap brush, although i did use quite a large dollop !

Saturday Evening

Razor: Murkur Futur (set at 4)
Blade: Feather (day 2)
Brush: Vulfix 2235 "Super Badger"
Cream: Edwin Jagger Sandalwood (a sample)
Aftershave Balm: Boots Freshwood
Eau de Toilette: Roma

A couple of rough shaves from this feather blade! Several repeated nicks and weepers, none the less a very close shave and the Boots ASB calmed the irritation.

Monday

Merkur Slanthammer
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Cella
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Trumper's Bay Rum Cologne

An even better lather from the Cella this morning, and I didn't really notice the scent. The Bay Rum is very "clovey", smells a bit medicinal, but I like it. I keep sticking my nose down the front of my shirt to get a wiff.

Ian

Monday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS (3)
Vulfix 404 Bodger
BS Maca Root Cream

Old Spice (USA) AS & Nivea ASB Mix

Probably squirted a tad too much cream into the bowl; what a lather!! Enough for a 57 pass shave I think and the scent has really grown on me.

I wonder if the 34c / Shark SS is a winning combination. Another blade, after this rotation, will tell me the answer. The Bodger brush is absolutely fantastic!

Terrific shave!
:shave

Monday

Futur (2 and 1.5 on ATG)
Cerrus Blade (2)
Mühle Pure Badger
SWK Scuttle
Wilkinson Sword Cream
Alum
CHH Tobbacco AS
Nivea ASB.

Really like this cream, my first use of it too.
The Blade is ok, but not toosure how many more shaves i will get from it.

Have a good day gents.

Semogue TSR LE 2010 prototype brush
Edwin Jagger DE89 razor
Tiger blade (grrrr!)
Gold-Dachs soap
Arko asb
Boots elastoplast

Got bitten by a tiger this morning*. :eek: Managed to drop my razor and catch it using only my little finger. Nicked a slice from it which bled copiously spoiling a rather nice shave. :roll:

*Not really, just a joke, because the razor blade I used is called Tiger.

Monday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Trig Silver Edge SS
Omega 80056
Palmolive/Boots sticks (milled into a bowl)
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea Cool Kick AB
Gibellini Ice AS

Another smooth shave from the Trig, will have to try some sharper blades in the slant, tomorrow methinks will be a Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (yellow), then the Feather :shock: .

Have a jolly spiffing day Gents.

TTFN Tony

Monday

Out to lunch today with an old friend, so a good excuse for a late leisurely shave. Not sure what it was, the Plisson? The Coates? the added water or the lathering bowl? Whatever it was I produced the most amazing lather in abundance, and the Plisson was pure luxury. At the price of around £190 for a small brush (20 mm knot/ 53 mm loft) it is outrageously OTT but it is a superb brush.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/plisson-high-mountain.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.c ... ntain.html</a><!-- m -->

3-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom