Ian

Straight
Real Shave Co Cream
Wilkinson Sword Brush

Tidied up a Gillette Super Speed
Astra blade

Alum
Nivea ASB

Alot less irritation this time got from the straight, so i think it must be my technique improving with that, although there still is abit of irritation there.
The SS seemed to not be agressive enough, almost like the blade wasnt really cutting. Might jus be because im used to the Merkur though.

It is the weekend so:

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE87
Blade: Red Personna
Brush: Duke 2 Pure
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: L'Occitane Cade
Cologne: Diptyque Tam Dao

Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Super Iridium
Brush: Trumpers Super Badger Travel brush
Soap: Taylors, St James Collection Shave Stick
Alum, Trumpers Moisturizer

New Soap for me (usually use cream) smells nice and seemed to protect well, nice lather.

Saturday's Shave, brought to in association with Rev-O

Fatboy
Swede
Kent BK8
TOBS Lemon & Lime

Aqua Velva

Gorgeous gorgeous shave... thanks so much to Ollie. Dialled the Fatboy up to 5 and the combination was sublime. Effortless smooth shave and the cleanest my neck has ever been in the fewest number of passes.

Ollie - an absolute gent.

Saturday

Omega 49
De Vergulde Hand soap
Merkur 34C
Indian Laser blade
DVH a\s

my original thoughts on DVH were that the lather tended to dry out quick and i thought i was a little sensitive to it :?
well after using it for the first time in ages it went better than it ever did
either i'm quicker or made a better lather, or both :roll:
it seems to like the Omega though
smells great :)

Early evening shave - before training (I never learn!):
Razor: Gillette Superspeed
Blade: Red Personna
Soap: Kent / MWF

Saturday

British #58
Iridium Super D1
Semogue 2009 LE 07
Wool Fat
Alum
Thayers witch hazel w/aloe
Speick AS

Great shave. I could not hear any whiskers getting cut. The sink was full of them at the end ;)

First go with the SOC LE, it made an excellent lather out of an excellent soap.

Sunday:
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE87
Blade: UK Wilkinson
Soap: MWF

No aftershave needed.

Used my sample of Creed Baie de Genievre (Bay of Juniper?) today and it bought about an extremely rare and spontaneous "you smell nice" from the Colonel.

Sunday

Ever Ready 1912
GEM Stainless Blade
Vulfix VS/3
Kent Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother
Trumper Spanish Leather Cologne

I fancied a change, so popped a blade in the ER 1912. Pretty good shave, given that I've not shaved with the ER for MONTHS.

Ian

Saturday

Kent BK4
George Butler 5/8 straight
Slim and a Wilkinson for tidying up

Tabac
Arran Aromatics balm
Acqua di Parma edc

I wish I'd taken a picture of this razor before it went to Neil Miller for a makeover and honing, sufficient to say that it was a rather woebegone looking item. Scrubbed up nicely though, didn't it? ... and it shaves nicely too. Many thanks and a hearty recommendation to Neil.

Given the consensus view that the BK4 is spineless, it may seem an odd choice for lathering hard soap, but it did a sterling job (and anyway, when did anybody ever have trouble getting lather out of Tabac)?

Attachments

• SOTD 160110.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 195
Saturday Night

EJ DE.87 + Feather
Vulfix Pure
Speick cream
Alum
Trumper's lime skinfood

Speick justified its status as a keeper: excellent cream. In short, a great shave, although I was left with a bit of burn on the bottom-left quarter of my neck, which happens from time to time. Funny, but I find the stubble on the right-hand side of my face and neck a touch easier to reduce, especially when going for an extra-smooth finish. Perhaps this explains the minor burnage?

One more thing: I've all but done away with XTG on my neck. It's a tricky area to navigate, and an extra WTG pass there (before going ATG) seems to compensate for my shortcomings in technique. Okay, I admit it: I'm just lazy. But at least I'm clean-shaven. ;)

Sunday

Muhle R41 OC
Feather (1)
Semogue 1305
Godrej De Luxe Cream

Tabac AS
Nivea ASB

Ok, functional, nothing more. The Feather is not a patch on the Derby in this razor. I'll see the 4/4 rotation out with it then rapidly back to the Derby mix.

UPDATE: It's been annoying me all day so I've swapped the blade into my Lord 'Tech' ready for tomorrow.

Hey ho!
:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom