Razor - Schick
blade - vintage twin (5)
soap - Monsavon Bol A Rasor
brush - Maseto 30mm ST
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
balm - aloe vera
scent - Dior eau sauvage.

Result - top end. I really enjoyed that. Is there anything better in the world than an unhurried Sunday shave? (yes, there are better things but modesty forbids me) The Schick is such an easy razor to use - you don't need to think about it, just guide it about your face. Still on my no artisan experiment - I'm not sure how long I will last - on my way to the bathroom I have to pass the tall stack of OSP and Wickhams soaps that sing to me with their siren song. Oh - and the matching splashes. The Bol a Rasor is excellent - as the person that kindly gifted it to me said - 'full of tallowy goodness.' French MWF - if you will. I hadn't used this brush in a while - my head had been turned recently by the 24mm two band but the bigger knot is great. Grab half a dozen badgers and stick them in a handle. A wall of badger. Nice. The - relatively - short loft stops it being floppy. Like the bigger Kent brushes. A splash of Myrsol - job done. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen - yours - I.

Today's shave

Gillette British super speed
Wilkinson Sword Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS French Lavender
Old Spice Champion Aftershave splash

Result BSS
My romance with the HD is still going strong 3 day's Beard is the limit with this little razor, felt a little tugging on the first pass, funny how these razors differ from person to person.

I was amusing my self with the original instructions for the HD, British Gillette couldn't be arsed to print 2 set's of them, you get the same as the Aristocrat No16 set That would be a slap in the face back in the day.... Look what you can't afford.

Today's shave

Gillette British super speed
Wilkinson Sword Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS French Lavender
Old Spice Champion Aftershave splash

Result BSS
My romance with the HD is still going strong 3 day's Beard is the limit with this little razor, felt a little tugging on the first pass, funny how these razors differ from person to person.

I was amusing my self with the original instructions for the HD, British Gillette couldn't be arsed to print 2 set's of them, you get the same as the Aristocrat No16 set That would be a slap in the face back in the day.... Look what you can't afford.
I am a big fan of NSS, what is your thoughts on the "French Lavender?"
Many thanks.

Loreal hydra energetic face wash
Omega Pro49
Musgo Real Oak Moss cream
Gillette Tech
A little alum, and
Proraso After Shave balm

Yes, I did something a little naughty and switched my cream from the TOBS Sandalwood half way through the month.

It is a little bittersweet. 3 facts about today's shave:

1. Musgo Reak Oak Moss leaves a stronger smell on my Omega than the TOBS. Which is ok, as it still smells of boar!

2. Smoothest shave I can ever remember having. Seriously. Better than any of my first few with the Tech or any across 10 years of cartridges. It feels excellent.

3. Unbelievable irritation. The word irritation doesn't even cut it. Around my neck was angry. Raging.

Two passes and touch ups did it though, and no weepers. Definitely improving

Excellent, I really like it, got the 400 as well, but it's like it's big steroid induced brother, soft on face, easy to manoeuvre around and gives you plenty of lather for a shave, which is a very good thing, essentially lather is cheap but important.

Dunno if you seen this thread.

Thanks.

It is definitely on my list of brushes to buy as I really like my 400 Noir. However, I was just given a Omega (I think) 641 badger brush and stand this evening, so will be spending some time breaking that puppy in ;)

What are the differences when compared to a 1912?
I think it's more visual, the 12 has a sprung cap and the 14 has a flip over cap that clips shut and there are not so many 14s to be had so there is fun to be had tracking them down. I personally prefer the looks of the 14 but they both shave as good as eachother imo.

I think it's more visual, the 12 has a sprung cap and the 14 has a flip over cap that clips shut and there are not so many 14s to be had so there is fun to be had tracking them down. I personally prefer the looks of the 14 but they both shave as good as eachother imo.
Strange, but I never got on with my 1914. A rough shave, despite trying all the angles and shimming. It never compared to my 1912 variants or my 1924s. Still, mileage and all that. They do look cracking bits of kit and I'm delighted they work for others :).

Back
Top Bottom