Shave of the day Saturday 22nd - Friday 28th July 2017

SOTD: 22/07/27
SOTD 220717.jpg
Prep:
Hot Shower with L'Occitaine Cade soap. warm flannel to face, Gorgeous.
Blade: Gem #1
Razor: Every Ready 1912 (on Loan)
Brush:
Maseto 26mm Silvertip with Faux Tortoise Shell Barber Handle
Soap: L&L Harmony, (Dragons Blood, Nag, Champa, Bamboo.) Bison Tallow/Lanolin/Botanicals
Post: Thayers Witch Hazel & BBA Post Balm containing Dragons Blood
EDT: Joop (Original)

They say there is a first time for everything and todays shave was certainly that. :)
I have never used the 1912 before or indeed a vintage razor and this was also my first time shaving with an SE Razor.
I have been sitting and admiring the Maseto Brush so today was the day that I wanted to use it for my special shave.
Again the L&L Harmony was a first and one I shall be returning to very quickly.

Anyway to the shave. It is very rarely that I am stuck for words when I want to describe a razors performance but in this instance I truly am. Dare I say it but this is the BEST shave I have ever had. A three pass shave WTG/XTG/ATG with a couple of touch ups has left me Dolphin smooth with no cuts, no weepers, no burns. I am literally blown away by how this razor performed. If you like audibility in your razor then look no further. It shouts down your ear drum with every cut of the whiskers. Superb. These blades are also amazing.
May I take this opportunity to give a big shout out to @Blademonkey for the loan of this razor and the huge quantity of blades he sent me. Through your tuition I am over the moon mate. Why don't they make these anymore. Am I missing a trick? Your support as always, is so much appreciated mate.

Now to the brush, as mentioned another first with me, The brush is silky smooth, did not loose one hair and has good backbone. Face Lathering is made so much easier with these outstandingly priced brushes. A Delight to use.

The L&L produced a thick cushioned silky smooth lather leaving a lovely scent of nag and champa incense that remained well beyond the shave. This is top stuff but if I had any slight criticism then maybe my face was left a little dry.
The BBA Post Balm soon sorted that out.

Finishing off with a couple of squirts of Joop Original I have a beaming smile on my face and the 1912 is now the next razor I will be buying.

Truly Outstanding!

Enjoy your shaves,
Wayne :D

Attachments

• SOTD 220717.jpg
    SOTD 220717.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
untitled%201%20of%201-12_zpsejs4erxv.jpg

BBS-1/STORK :: THE VARLET :: L&L
Well done with that pic.

View attachment 27313
Prep:
Brush:
Soap: L&L Harmony, (Dragons Blood, Nag, Champa, Bamboo.) Bison Tallow/Lanolin/Botanicals

They say there is a first time for everything and todays shave was certainly that. :)
I have never used the 1912 before or indeed a vintage razor and this was also my first time shaving with an SE Razor.
I have been sitting and admiring the Maseto Brush so today was the day that I wanted to use it for my special shave.

Anyway to the shave. It is very rarely that I am stuck for words when I want to describe a razors performance but in this instance I truly am. Dare I say it but this is the BEST shave I have ever had. A three pass shave WTG/XTG/ATG with a couple of touch ups has left me Dolphin smooth with no cuts, no weepers, no burns. I am literally blown away by how this razor performed. If you like audibility in your razor then look no further. It shouts down your ear drum with every cut of the whiskers. Superb. These blades are also amazing.
May I take this opportunity to give a big shout out to @Blademonkey for the loan of this razor and the huge quantity of blades he sent me. Through your tuition I am over the moon mate. Why don't they make these anymore. Am I missing a trick? Your support as always, is so much appreciated mate.

Now to the brush, as mentioned another first with me, The brush is silky smooth, did not loose one hair and has good backbone. Face Lathering is made so much easier with these outstandingly priced brushes. A Delight to use.

The L&L produced a thick cushioned silky smooth lather leaving a lovely scent of nag and champa incense that remained well beyond the shave. This is top stuff but if I had any slight criticism then maybe my face was left a little dry.

Finishing off with a couple of squirts of Joop Original I have a beaming smile on my face and the 1912 is now the next razor I will be buying.

Truly Outstanding!

Enjoy your shaves,

The 1912 does photograph well, great result.

View attachment 27313
Prep:
Brush:

Truly Outstanding!

Enjoy your shaves,

You are more than welcome Wayne, the 1912 is possibly the best razor ever made to go with a truly fantastic blade that is the Gem.
I felt the same way when I first used a 1912, they will always hold a special place in my heart and razor collection! :) Paul. Great picture by the way, well done.

Last edited:
Vegetal Soap - Lily of the Valley
La Toja - Crema de Afeitar
Semogue - 1305 Boar
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
Superinox Bolzano Inossidabile (1)
WTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Floïd - Masaje Genuino Vigoroso

Although I like the Superinox Bolzano it gives not that smooth pass ATG like the Feather or the PERMA SHARP with my 37C. Will test tomorrow another brand.

This Saturday's morning shave was accopampanied by the wonderful Sia.

Last edited:
You are more than welcome Wayne, the 1912 is possibly the best razor ever made to go with a truly fantastic blade that is the Gem.
I felt the same way when I first used a 1912, they will always hold a special place in my heart and razor collection! :) Paul. Great picture by the way, well done.
An outstanding shave Paul.
I don't say that lightly. As mentioned I am literally dumb struck.
Thank you my friend for the opportunity, enabling me and the kind words.

Take care,
Wayne

image.jpg SOTD 23rd July Sunday

Prep....Shower~ MWF Soap
Razor....Blackland~Sabre
Blade....Pal Super - carbon
Brush....BSSW~Gonzo
Soap....OSP~Bay Rum
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....Thayers Rose Petal, Jojoba oil
Scent....Extro Bay Rum EDT

It hasn't been a week and I can't keep away from this razor, fitted out with the fabulous Pal super carbon blade, the SS Gem's are good but the pal's are better imo although they cost more and don't last as long but the shave I feel is slightly smoother. YMMV!

I lathered up one of my favourite soaps to a creamy slick consistancy and had a very enjoyable shave indeed.
My Sunday shave has always been special and I get up early so I have no interruptions and can take my sweet time doing what I like to do, a bit of me time!

As expected with this set up , the razor, blade and soap I was left as smooth as I require, very smooth and with no irritation whatsoever .

A splash of Thayers followed by a few drops of Jojoba oil to moisturise my skin.

I finnished off with a body splash of Extro Bay rum, clean shaven and smelling great.

Off to give Taz his early morning run out while there's nobody about, a lovely time of the day.

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday........:)

Last edited:
Razor - ATT SE 1 Kronos
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - SOC 2 Band
Soap - OSP Orange & Patchouli
Post - Lucky Tiger , Nivea men creme
A/S - Floid Vigoroso
IMG_3317(1).jpg

This was my last shave on dry land as the wife and I are leaving Glasgow and heading up to Dundee to embark our ship.
Destinations : The Faroe isles , Iceland , Orkney and Shetland isles.

Splice the mainbrace , I'll catch you land lovers when I return to port.

Have a relaxing Sunday

SOTD: 23rd 2017.
2b.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien ~ Coconut Sheabutter Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Boots ~ Cool Cologne Lather Cream .

Blade: Sputnik.(2)

Razor: Gillette Slimtwist .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ 4711~ Aftershave Cologne.

Nivea Men~ Creme.

Greetings,

A wonderful relaxing sunday shave, with no errors to report.

The Gillette slimtwist is such a wonderful razor, mild smooth, and a excellent performer.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling devine.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Razor - ATT SE 1 Kronos
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - SOC 2 Band
Soap - OSP Orange & Patchouli
Post - Lucky Tiger , Nivea men creme
A/S - Floid Vigoroso
View attachment 27335

This was my last shave on dry land as the wife and I are leaving Glasgow and heading up to Dundee to embark our ship.
Destinations : The Faroe isles , Iceland , Orkney and Shetland isles.

Splice the mainbrace , I'll catch you land lovers when I return to port.

Have a relaxing Sunday
Superb set up Pat!..wonderful image too.;).Both yourself & your good wife enjoy your holiday break.:)

Back
Top Bottom