Shave of the day Saturday 22nd - Friday 28th July 2017

Smoother than an Orca smoking a kipper on a motorpike perhaps?

Ha ha - I was with you until the motorbike bit. Your typical Orca has fins - granted they are highly intelligent creatures - but how are they going to operate the clutch and throttle? Never mind sit on the bike? Side-saddle presumably? Ha ha. I like this thread last thing on a Friday night - it descends into banter - knowing full well that we can start afresh tomorrow with stuff about shaving properly. cheers - I.

Ha ha - I was with you until the motorbike bit. Your typical Orca has fins - granted they are highly intelligent creatures - but how are they going to operate the clutch and throttle? Never mind sit on the bike? Side-saddle presumably? Ha ha. I like this thread last thing on a Friday night - it descends into banter - knowing full well that we can start afresh tomorrow with stuff about shaving properly. cheers - I.
To confuse you even more it was a motorPIKE.
Bad pun I know :oops:

SOTD: 280717
SOTD 280717.jpg

Prep: Warm shower with Isseuy Myake shower gel and Bulldog face wash
Razor: 1912 Big Kiss Emoticon.gif
Blade: Gem #3
Soap: Old Spice shaving cream
Brush: Semogue 1250 Boar
Scent: L'Occitaine Cade

Yet again it has ceased to amaze me what a wonderful shave the 1912 is giving.
After a few days growth I went about a 3 pass shave with this glorious vintage without any problems. I am left BBS and have a big grin on my face. There are no signs of the Gem fading.

Perhaps I should not have been surprised how good the shaving cream is. My first time with this soap. A special thank you goes out to @Blademonkey for this gift (along with the Alum), it really does perform well.

Another first with my newly acquired Semogue 1250. A cracking little brush with great backbone and has the ability to whip up a lovely lather.

You know you are getting a good shave when the alum gives you NO feedback :)
P&B Balm worked a treat, thank you @Aaron1983, (you are a gentleman mate) and a couple of liberal squirts of the Cade before bedtime.
Truly awesome.

Have a lovely weekend Gentlemen.

Wayne

Last edited:
b1e5a5f649d86dfd67ff9b6eba609a0a.jpg

SOTD: 280717
View attachment 27523

Prep: Warm shower with Isseuy Myake shower gel and Bulldog face wash
Razor: 1912 View attachment 27522
Blade: Gem #3
Soap: Old Spice shaving cream
Brush: Semogue 1250 Boar
Scent: L'Occitaine Cade

Yet again it has ceased to amaze me what a wonderful shave the 1912 is giving.
After a few days growth I went about a 3 pass shave with this glorious vintage without any problems. I am left BBS and have a big grin on my face. There are no signs of the Gem fading.

Perhaps I should not have been surprised how good the shaving cream is. My first time with this soap. A special thank you goes out to @Blademonkey for this gift (along with the Alum), it really does perform well.

Another first with my newly acquired Semogue 1250. A cracking little brush with great backbone and has the ability to whip up a lovely lather.

You know you are getting a good shave when the alum gives you NO feedback :)
P&B Balm worked a treat, thank you @Aaron1983, (you are a gentleman mate) and a couple of liberal squirts of the Cade before bedtime.
Truly awesome.

Have a lovely weekend Gentlemen.

Wayne
Fab pic Wayne. :)

Back
Top Bottom