Friday...

Cream - TOBS Cedarwood
Brush - Semogue 2000
Face lather
Razor - Gillette SS Red Tip 1955 (USA)
Blade - Astra SP
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - Fine Platinum

The Red Tips have the reputation of being the most 'aggressive' of the Super Speeds. But I find 'efficient' far more apt. It pairs well with the Astra to give a lovely close shave with minimal need for pick-up.

TOBS Cedarwood is a great cream, imo. As usual, an almond-sized snurdle in the middle of the damp bristles produced plenty lather (with a little hydration) for great protection, cushion and glide.

Happy Friday, Everyone.
20170728_110536.jpg

July 28, 2017
OneBlade Genesis V2
Feather FHS-10 (4)
30 DC LE with Omega Boar
Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
Folsom & Co Shambala

The scent of Route 66 Bay Lime Twist is a wonderful mix of citrus and bay which last throughout the shave. Since I had the time the morning, I went with a full 3 pass shave paying particular attention to my trouble spots and skin stretching on my neck. Overall a very close and smooth near BBS shave. I finished the shave with a splash of F&C Shambala feeling refreshed. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

Pre shave: Bulldog original face scrub
Soap: MDC Fougere
Brush: Razorock 400
Razor: Razorock black hawk
Blade: Feather ProGuard (7)
Bowl: Fine lather bowl
Post shave: Alum, Myrsol blue followed up with Nivea men sensitive post shave balm

36083620991_9c4570420f_c.jpg

I'm still trying to dial in the MDC, so I opted for a drier 30 second load and a bowl lather, slowly adding in small amounts of water.

I was rewarded with a rich lather, with improved slickness than yesterday. The post shave was still very drying for me. The performance of MDC is good - but doesn't wow me. I'll keep at it though to see if performance will improve with more use and knowledge of the soap.

I'll probably buy some sharper blades for the hawk, the ProGuard is a bit too mild for me and I have to compensate by adding some pressure.

Still a very good shave after 3 passes, with little sting from the alum.

28/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Tabac
Brush - Omega S10065
Razor - YJ Tech
Blade - Gillette 70C Green (1)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel
After Shave - Eyup Sabri Tutun Cuban Tobacco Cologne

Second time using Tabac, not massively enthusiastic about it's smell but the lather is top class. Decided to pair it with a new bottle of Turkish cologne I picked up, feels like a combination that works.

Pre shave: Bulldog original face scrub
Soap: MDC Fougere
Brush: Razorock 400
Razor: Razorock black hawk
Blade: Feather ProGuard (7)
Bowl: Fine lather bowl
Post shave: Alum, Myrsol blue followed up with Nivea men sensitive post shave balm

36083620991_9c4570420f_c.jpg

I'm still trying to dial in the MDC, so I opted for a drier 30 second load and a bowl lather, slowly adding in small amounts of water.

I was rewarded with a rich lather, with improved slickness than yesterday. The post shave was still very drying for me. The performance of MDC is good - but doesn't wow me. I'll keep at it though to see if performance will improve with more use and knowledge of the soap.

I'll probably buy some sharper blades for the hawk, the ProGuard is a bit too mild for me and I have to compensate by adding some pressure.

Still a very good shave after 3 passes, with little sting from the alum.
Feather pros suit the RR Hawk very nicely. Further to this, if you've a light touch, Feather Pro Super's are fantastic with it!

20393616_177261366149828_1964091654017122304_n.jpg

Semogue 2000
Fatip Testina Gentile
Supermax Super Platinum (3)
Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, Imperial Leather Talc & Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather Cologne

I must say this Fatip is quickly becoming number one in my razors, the shaves lately have been nothing short of sensational and the best part is no nicks, irritation or blood. This Semogue is a great little brush, very much enjoying it. Made short work of the cream and made for a superb lather. Post shave feel was excellent and once again used some talc, very nice to dry everything off. Little dab of cologne to finish with. Looking forward to tomorrow's shave.

Pre: Cold Water
Brush: Omega 20102
Soap: Wickham's Irish Fern
Razors: ER 1912
Blade: Shimmed Pal Super Carbon
Afters: Vitamin E oil, Floid Fragancia Moderna

After reading @riverrun's post, I thought I'd give shimming a go, and it did make it feel more like a shave with the original blades.
With a shimmed Pal Super Carbon I'm afraid the Rolls Razor has been nudged into second place.
Unfortunately I don't think I'll get another shave out of this blade as I dropped it on the floor padding it dry.
IMG_20170728_153410.jpg

Hot Towel, Grevinnans Rum PreShave Soap, Scheermonnik SOEK, RazoRock Monster, Merkur Futur, Astra SS (1), Cold Towel

First use of the Futur today, and my oh my, WHAT A RAZOR. Started out on 3, dialled back to 1 for the ATG pass. So much audio feedback, such a close shave. It's certainly a heavyweight razor and delivers a cracking shave. I want to try setting 6, but for one days growth, it seems a bit overkill.

Back
Top Bottom