Shave of the day Saturday 19th August-Friday 25th August 2017

avMPujed.jpg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Merkur 34C HD
Merkur Super (1)
Crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh Shaving Soap
Thayers Rose, Crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh balm & cologne

This is a superb brush, I should really use it more than I do. First use of the soap and cologne in a long time, very nice they are too, love the scent and the performance is great. It is a much better soap since its reformulation last year. Remembering the thread earlier in the week decided on a Merkur Super blade to be the fresh one today, very nice too, smooth and sharp.

Cold water abandoned...

Prep: Hot/warm water splash
Razor: Supply SE V1.2
Blade: Personna (3)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green

Nice shave today. 2 days growth gone in 3 passes.
I wasn't impressed with the Proraso initially but using it over 3 passes it's a brilliant performer and I felt the chill. In tandem with the soap the BBA post worked much better this time.

3rd use of the supply and an improved shave again, usual roughness and spots on the neck I get with any razor (although not as irritated and improving) , literally feels like I'm doing nothing during the shave and it does struggle a little on the chin beard. Going to try the more aggressive plate next.

The personna blade seems to be getting better with each use, I reckon I could easily manage 5 uses out the blade.

Saturday 19th August 2017

sotd 19th Aug.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: OneBlade Core v2
Blade: Feather FHS (#3)
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest fan shape
Soap: Truefitt & Hill 1805
AS: Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey lotion

Third and best shave so far with the OneBlade Core v2. I will see how long the Feather blade can last in the V2, I can live with 3 or 4 shaves out of a blade but if I can get more that would be great, the best I managed with the v1 was 6 shaves. Excellent lather from the T&H 1805 soap, the Maseto 30mm finest is an amazing brush but I must start using some of my other brushes again.

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade – Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - ‘Il Cinghiale' (Zenith EURO/RX)
Soap – Lebelle Soaps: Tobac Vanille
Post - Cold water rinse / Barrister & Mann: Latha Taiga Post-Shave Splash

well, after receiving my Zenith EURO/RX Boar, and Lebelle Soaps: Tobac Vanille from tvbshaving, I couldn't wait to give 'em a spin..... well, ‘Il Cinghiale' made easy work of the Lebelle Soap, quickly whipping it into a thick, rich, moist lather which provided a slick, and impressive foundation... this will be a very impressive combo, once the Zenith has settled down, as it was quite scritchy. Yeah, looking forward to my future shaves with this combo, as they will only get better.

Saturday 19th August
'Cool Shave'
Zenith 506U TS
Mentholated Blue's Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Ever Ready 1912
GEM SSC #2
Alum Wash
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Nivea Cooling Balm
qwbPucL.jpg

Fancied a cooling shave today with the return to my beloved 1912. So mixed some Menthol Glycerine in to the bowl lather. The whole ensemble including post shave gave a really refreshing result.

19/8/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - DE89
Blade - Supermax Platinum Plus
Post - Witch Hazel/Turkish Tobacco Cologne

Having a horrid summertime cold can be one of the most annoying things and lead to not shaving my face for the last 3 days. For the first pass the lather wasn't the best I've ever built (brush needed loading for the next two passes) and the brush shed a lot of hairs, and from the last shave under the 3 day growth there was an ingrown hair. Not the finest shave I've ever had....

Saturday 19th August

A bit of a mixed shave today

Proraso Red Pre Shave
Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Slicke shavette / Derby Premium half blade
Rockwell 6c plate 3 / vintage Wilkinson (2)
Hot/ cold rinse
Lavender witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL

I manned up and reached for a shavette that was kindly donated to me by @captain_hx , sent from Cyprus completely free and gratis! Thank you ElIas.
I managed one pass with the shavette with only a few small weepers that sorted themselves out without the need for alum
I struggled mostly with blind spots. I may as well have been blindfolded half the time !
Most troublesome area was under the chin. Contour areas will take a lot of practice for me to feel comfortable using a shavette.
I got a pretty acceptable first pass, but decided not to push my luck too far.
The Rockwell soon dealt with what was left ATG in a very smooth manner.
Wickham 1912 are my favourite soaps. I have five already and I'm currently resisting buying the Cashmere and Buddha Wood.

Thursday's shave.......
20170817_124749-jpg.16486

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oréal face wash
Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf (on loan)
Razor blade: GEM Personna
Brush: Maseto 24mm Silvertip
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: TOBS Eton College

Second use of the Clog Pruf on loan from @Boru62.

I'm extremely impressed with this razor. Great to handle and very smooth. After the third pass I was amazed how close the finish was.
I did have an issue with my stubble regrowth being uncomfortable the first time I used it. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

The TOBS Eton College preformed really well. Great scent and slickness. Unfortunately I did have a little irritation from it.
The Maseto Silvertip performed brilliantly again too.

Finished off with the Italian Citrus and next to no feedback again. The scent is still lingering a couple of hours later. The face feel is lovely from this stuff.

Off to see (The mighty) Electric Wizard tomorrow night in Nottingham. This is where I got my username from...

In Doom we trust.:p

Cheers
Rob

Edit: I thought this belated SOTD was worth posting as it was the second shave with the Clog Pruf very kindly loaned to me by Kevin. No issues with uncomfortable stubble regrowth this time either.

Current status: delicate...;) after seen 'The Wizard' last night.
IMG-20170819-WA0007.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom