Shave of the day Saturday 19th August-Friday 25th August 2017

AYiPZSo.jpg

Boellis Panama 1924 Soap
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Brush
Daishi
Boellis Panama 1924 Aftershave
Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
P&B Albion.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Wolfman Guerriilla (on loan).
Permasharp (1).
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Post Shave Balm.

My second go with the Wolfman. It really is a lovely razor to use, but just a little on the mild side for my liking. But I was happy to settle for a DFS after 3 very comfortable passes. Hope you all have a great weekend chaps.

Schrft 19.08.2017.jpg

Wow...these personna hair shaper blades are stiff and aggressive like a wedge straigt razor. Yesterday and today I did only a pass WTG and there are no stubbles left feeling ATG on my moustache and cheeks areas. I can feel some occasional stubbles on my neck, but I had shaves also with an ATG pass using safety razors feeling the same. Only underneath my chin there are some stubbles left. No wonder I had bad skin problems using these blades also for an ATG pass in the past.
The Wickham 1912 Cashmere shaving soap got a wonderful scent.

This Saturday`s late morning shave was accompanied by Bruce Springsteen.

Last edited:
Back to normality;

IMG_5046.jpg

OSP Bay Rum
Thomas Clipper DE
Voskhod #1
26mm 2-band
BBA PS
Meißner Tremonia Bay Rum

After 8 days without a shave I paired my faithful Thomas Clipper DE with a Voskhod (my first use of one) and got to work on 8 days of, no longer stubbly, beard. The hair was lifted well with the OSP soap and really provided ample slickness and scent to guide me along my shave. I had no issues, no nicks, cuts or weepers, no irritation of any sort and no sting from the MT splash which followed a slight dribble of PSB from BBA (the good, red stuff)! Very good combo of blade and razor! Moreover I'm feeling clean again! :D Cannot wait to crack out this combo again!

Next, next, next pawb! :D

Greetings All,

Saturday shave (missed a shave).

One (and a bit) days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Pol Silver (1st)
Brush:RazoRock 400 Noir (part bowl lathered Caractacus Pots bowl)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, followed by a shower then Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

Two new items tried this afternoon – C&E West Indian Lime and Pol Silver Razor.

C&E – very good shaving cream, thick and creamy lather easily produced and felt very good on the skin - post shave feel was also pleasant.

Pol Silver blade – I know it's widely used and I have to say I can understand why, from stroke one very smooth blade, esasily slicing through my thick whiskers.

Overall, 3 passes (WTG and 2*XTG) leaving me smooth and very happy, ready for an afternoon of Football Focus.

Saturday

Olive Oil Soap
3P Preshave Cream
Erasmic Soap Stick
Zenith Boar Brush
Ever-Ready (GB) 1912 with a GEM SS and shim (#9)
Alum Block and Rinse
Groomed SPF15 Moisturiser
4711 AS
Oud 24 hours EDP

I haven't used an Erasmic stick for years.....mainly due to multiple changes in formulation. I much preferred the tallow version....which this appears to be. Not as slick as the Palmolive stick....but I got there in the end! 3 pass BBS shave....with rather surprisingly...no touch ups

Back
Top Bottom