SE Disappointment

Think i've had a eureka moment. Tried again as i said i would and held razor right on the tip with thumb and next 2 fingers, making it hard to apply much pressure. Also used very short strokes with the very steep angle, prob about 5-10mm a time. 2 wtg and an atg pass with Old Spice soap, and i think im getting there. A very nice clean shave, no nicks or scrathes, no soreness to the neck at all and felt practically nothing when used the alum block. Thanks for all the help and advice guys, didn't think i was gonna make it and lets hope its not a one off.

atb Paul

Had my second shave with the 1912 this morning WTG and XTG only and a few little weepers but feels better than yesterday. Think I may have to adjust the holding position as very very light and a short handle.

Doggycam said:
Shaved the last 2 times using the Gem blades iso Feather. They were very nice smooth shaves. So I reckon my issue was poor angle and not the blade causing the tugging. So keep at it. Practice makes perfect. Just bought 100 Feathers too ! Och well, they're a great shave as well

Let me know if you decide to move any of those Feathers on as i wouldn't mind trying them too.

atb Paul

Back
Top Bottom