SE Disappointment

Not sure if it's me but my first 2 shaves have been disappointing. First shave was prob my own fault as i was in a bit of a rush and should have given it a miss but you know what it's like when you get summat new.
Anyway had another go last night with plenty of time and a new blade. 2 days growth and wtg was ok but nowhere near as much removal as DE but that was sorted with a 2nd wtg pass, however its the atg neck pass thats the problem, it felt like one of those cheap BIC yellow disposables, very draggy and felt almost like it was pulling the wiskers out rather than cutting them, not a close shave and im left with irritation. Now i have no trouble atg with my DE but have to say im dissapointed so far.
Any hints or tips would be apprecited, im wondering if i should try some feathers in it.

atb Paul

Are you using the correct angle? SE's need a 3 to 5 degree angle, sometimes almost flat to the face.

It won't work well if you're using the same angle as a DE.

I've only just started SE shaving, 2 shaves in now.

I find that the design of the blade holder (Gem Junior bar) allows you to have the blade almost flat against your face, something not possible on a DE. This gives me a very comfortable close shave.
I'm still finding areas that I tend to skip, like under the jaw line at the side but I'm gradually improving on those areas. Also just under the nose seems to be hard to reach and much easier with a DE.
I've been using the slightest of pressure mainly because the actual razor is so light and that has given me no irritation afterwards. I'm only on the second use of a blade so don't know what it'll be like a few more shaves on.

Sorry to hear of the probs Paul, like the other guys I'd suspect the angle of razor to skin. I've never had a defective blade, however I suppose that theoretically the blade could be suspect. The only time I misaligned the blade in the holder it left my cheek red raw with the first stroke, so I don't believe that's the problem. Try resting the head of the razor flat against your cheek, bring the handle inwards towards the skin until the blade just touches and then shave. If the angle is anywhere near correct you should hear the blade slicing through the beard. This sound is most distinctive and if you don't hear it something is wrong.

Best of luck m8.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/

Here we go, hope they are ok

20140831_192127_zps31e79145.jpg

20140831_192018_zps483fbae5.jpg

20140831_192054_zpsd91ca430.jpg

The blade and razor look bob-on, mate ...

As suggested, start with the cap pressed against your face. Now, using the comb as a pivot, move the back of the cap away from your face to about 5 degrees. Stop. Now shave, drawing the razor straight down.

Back
Top Bottom