SE design

I will be wanting twhite to help. Since I am in the USA,, the GEM blade is a good friend of mine.
I am curious on one thing. The micromatic is a monstrosity of machined brass gears to make that top flip open. the patent is a beauty of an illustrators drinking binge. THE thing that has me curious, is how much is everyone willing to embrace alternative methods of mechanical systems?

I would be gad to help out. This sounds like fun.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also be happy to help out with this if required having spent a fair whack on SE razors recently!

I would say, as others have mentioned. For me the holy grail right now, that would fill a hole in most SE users lives would be;

A functional razor that takes the current GEM blade, that is affordable. It's as simple as that in my eyes.

A beautiful, intricate head would be lovely ala the SunRay 1912 set, but that is a luxury item. Not for the masses on my opinion.

I would also be happy to help out with this if required having spent a fair whack on SE razors recently!

I would say, as others have mentioned. For me the holy grail right now, that would fill a hole in most SE users lives would be;

A functional razor that takes the current GEM blade, that is affordable. It's as simple as that in my eyes.

A beautiful, intricate head would be lovely ala the SunRay 1912 set, but that is a luxury item. Not for the masses on my opinion.
I could give you 50 prototypes in 3 weeks. if that's all you and everyone else wanted.

I cannot help but agree - a modern take on a GEM razor would be a welcome innovation, and if you can muster something as pretty as the Bunny then you're set on a winner in my world. I'd be be happy to land one of each...

I made a thread yesterday, and it was deleted.

I am in the final stages of finalizing my design for a SE razor. And I am wondering, since I cant pay anyone, who on here is considered to be best able to test out a razor design, and actually give proper feed back on it.

I know a few seem to do that for paid endorsements, but I cant pay.
Things have gone a bit quiet, how are things going with your designs?

Hmm quite on this thread...

Lets see, ive come far actually

1. finally finalized the adjustable balance point handle design
2. Focused on razor head design.
3. I have several head styles to play with, say 3, that offer great ability of flexibility in design. ie, they can be turned into almost anything..
4. I have been focusing on the peculiarities of the featherweight razor compared to the g bar which is more aggressive/efficient but uses the same head.
5. Im trying to create or find a blade gap/blade exposure chart for injectors by model in an attempt to find the "sweet spot" of mild and effeiciency.

Hmm quite on this thread...

Lets see, ive come far actually

1. finally finalized the adjustable balance point handle design
2. Focused on razor head design.
3. I have several head styles to play with, say 3, that offer great ability of flexibility in design. ie, they can be turned into almost anything..
4. I have been focusing on the peculiarities of the featherweight razor compared to the g bar which is more aggressive/efficient but uses the same head.
5. Im trying to create or find a blade gap/blade exposure chart for injectors by model in an attempt to find the "sweet spot" of mild and effeiciency.
Plenty going on! Keep us posted, sounds like you could end up with a number of razor's at the end of this [emoji2]

An adjustable SE which takes GEM blades at a reasonable price ( reasonable by the definition of any ordinary working guy ) would be like the proverbial mousetrap which the world beats a path to.

JohnnyO. o/

This is all you'll need in the armoury Bezoar. May not fund your retirement, however it'll certainly assist in providing a few luxuries to pass the leisure hours.

JohnnyO. o/

Hi Sounds like your on the Right track. When you get one manufactured i would really love to TEST one out for You

Back
Top Bottom