SAW 24TH-31ST SAPONOFICIO VARESSIMO

Well, this morning I decided that to give SV 70th another whirl. It was a 10g sample which is living in a Le Creuset mini-casserole pot (TKMaxx get them in now and again - about £6). Got the tap running and covered the soap with water, filled sink soaked brush (Commodore X1 BB) and had a wash. Emptied water out of pot and swirled with a damp brush for a count of 30. I admit this was probably a bit excessive and it was deffo starting to lather up in the pot. Went onto the wet face and it was up and running immediately. Very thick and shiny and a good 2 passes with ease. I'll probably keep using it for the rest of the week and if all goes well – I may have to buy some (cheapest place with postage anyone?).

The only downside was scent or lack of, although this may be because it was only a small sample and so you don't get that initial hit when you take the lid off a full pot.

Of course if I do buy this – one in one out, I then have to decide what is going….
Shave station was the cheapest I found with free postage.. But I've just looked and they are out of stock [emoji15]

Pre: Murdock Avalon pre-shave oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Felce Aromatica
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair 13061M
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Razor: Merkur Progress @2.5,2,2 + Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Today's lather was an improvement but I don't know why. Maybe with the daily use of the soap it's getting into its groove, maybe the horse hair brush made a difference. Less sticky today so maybe it was more hydrated. Even so the shave felt a little dangerously under protected. I did finish on an almost BBS today and was more pleasant than yesterday. I tried a different AS in case the SV AS was affecting the result. Myrsol Plastic AS is a good skin conditioner however my skin still feels dried and tacky afterwards.

SAW_20160127_zpsyckgkytj.jpg

Soap is doing pretty well, IMO. Today I gave it further twirls, almost 40, so there was a lot more foam than yesterday. The can is pretty big, with 150g, 5,2oz, so it isn't that risk on empty the can, as @moodymick worries it will happen yours in the close future. Anyway, this is a forgettable soap, cause there is nothing A in it. It is completely flat.

IMG_20160127_113815623_HDR_zpsxgoiq8ov.jpg

Well, this morning I decided that to give SV 70th another whirl. It was a 10g sample which is living in a Le Creuset mini-casserole pot (TKMaxx get them in now and again - about £6). Got the tap running and covered the soap with water, filled sink soaked brush (Commodore X1 BB) and had a wash. Emptied water out of pot and swirled with a damp brush for a count of 30. I admit this was probably a bit excessive and it was deffo starting to lather up in the pot. Went onto the wet face and it was up and running immediately. Very thick and shiny and a good 2 passes with ease. I'll probably keep using it for the rest of the week and if all goes well – I may have to buy some (cheapest place with postage anyone?).

The only downside was scent or lack of, although this may be because it was only a small sample and so you don't get that initial hit when you take the lid off a full pot.

Of course if I do buy this – one in one out, I then have to decide what is going….
Got mine from shavelounge and used the TSR discount code. Free delivery too.

Used the flying mango version last night but didn't get time to post here. Really good lather whipped up with the shavemac. About a teaspoon of water on top while I had a bath, soaked the brush for a while and squeezed most of the water out and loaded for about 30 seconds. Face lathered and added a few drops of water and got a nice slick thick protective lather. I don't think this soap needs a lot of water to get it just right. Maybe if your struggling try a bit less water. I'm well impressed with these soaps after trying one and as of my birthday next week I'll have four soaps. I'll be using the Fern one tomorrow and then the tundra artica.

Used the flying mango version last night but didn't get time to post here. Really good lather whipped up with the shavemac. About a teaspoon of water on top while I had a bath, soaked the brush for a while and squeezed most of the water out and loaded for about 30 seconds. Face lathered and added a few drops of water and got a nice slick thick protective lather. I don't think this soap needs a lot of water to get it just right. Maybe if your struggling try a bit less water. I'm well impressed with these soaps after trying one and as of my birthday next week I'll have four soaps. I'll be using the Fern one tomorrow and then the tundra artica.
Interested to hear about the tundra!

Didn't get round to shaving last night, looking forward to a bit of mango today.

Next week's soap? Anyone want to take charge? If not it will be a coin toss between CRSW (with the sun making an appearance I feel like pulling out CRSW spring) or the pound for pound heavyweight Haslinger.

Didn't get round to shaving last night, looking forward to a bit of mango today.

Next week's soap? Anyone want to take charge? If not it will be a coin toss between CRSW (with the sun making an appearance I feel like pulling out CRSW spring) or the pound for pound heavyweight Haslinger.
Two good choices there and I have both!

Back
Top Bottom