Sad - but true

jb74 said:
I do wonder what people get out of the weekly debate about these parts?

Who can get the better of who... when will the cliques unite... how many people end up on ignore lists... does anybody's view actual change when the dust has settled?

Edit. Re: Chris Hales comments (Post #58) - The random tangents do make me laugh though.

:icon_razz:

We get to know each other - the whole purpose of intercourse. I am frequently offered a new perspective, an idea new to me, an amusing exchange of wits. Maybe it's an older person thing, the ability to sit comfortably with differences. And we get to laugh, medicine for the soul.

Bechet45 said:
jb74 said:
I do wonder what people get out of the weekly debate about these parts?

Who can get the better of who... when will the cliques unite... how many people end up on ignore lists... does anybody's view actual change when the dust has settled?

Edit. Re: Chris Hales comments (Post #58) - The random tangents do make me laugh though.

:icon_razz:

We get to know each other - the whole purpose of intercourse. I am frequently offered a new perspective, an idea new to me, an amusing exchange of wits. Maybe it's an older person thing, the ability to sit comfortably with differences. And we get to laugh, medicine for the soul.

I'm off the ignore list? :angel:

pjgh said:
Tanguero said:
Casual shoplifting is despicable.

Despicable? As opposed to daylight robbery by the Multiples? Now that's monstrous!

If I ate fruit, I'd join the Apple Liberation Front :D

Richard Dawkins caused something of a stir recently when he tweeted something along the lines of 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape at knifepoint is worse. If you think that's an endorsement of date rape, go away and learn how to think'. There was some outrage that he had categorised some rape as worse than other - so his response was 'Stealing a £ is bad, stealing a pensioners life savings is worse - how dare you categorise them'.

I'm joining the discussion late. The English and maths required for an NVQ level 1 qualification are extremely basic. Thee people should gave been at thus level at age 14. I'd put it down to attitude more than ability.

Back
Top Bottom