Sad - but true

Re: RE: Sad - but true

Tanguero said:
Defending someone who steals from a shop on the basis that it is "casual pilfering" or justifying it by the prices charged by the shop is the real "Sad but true" here.

Nice bloke or not - stealing is stealing, a thief is a thief. The fact that it seems to be accepted here to the point that not only will someone admit to it in a public forum, but suggest that others do likewise then have these views supported by other members of the forum, I find totally baffling. Clearly my standards of honesty are at odds with the accepted standards of behaviour here. Sad, but true indeed.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Tanguero said:
I'm now going to give you a heads up of how to get some deserving and satisfying cash back from Tesco's, here goes now I love my fruit and especially New Zealand Jazz apples very expensive, so whenever I see them loose I pick myself half a dozen make my way over to the self serve then plonk them on the scanner thingy which will ask you to tell them what fruit and what apples they are, so obviously you will tell them they are the cheapest apples in the store so you scan you pay and away you go with a large finger up yours Tesco's.

That is theft by deception. It is amazing how fast ones opinion can change of people. Casual shoplifting is despicable.

Coming from a company that fed you me and a few million British people Horse meat for god knows how many years and they barely got away with a slap on the wrist and I see it as a poor form of compensation they've taken a lot more money off me through the years than I will ever take off them FUCK THEM! I'm the type of person that will go the extra mile to help the right people never made a insurance compensation claim in my life home or car, never claimed benefit even when I was entitled to it, I confront trouble makers in my community my neighbours call around regular I class myself as a honest person but when I deal with multi national corporations I have a different mindset after all we are talking about the biggest criminals on the planet, maybe I should have charged you more than the miserly £10 for honing your Kamisori and actually given Tesco rates which would have been more fitting.

Stealing is stealing is stealing no matter how you justify it to yourself. Our definitions of an "honest person" are clearly very different.

I fervently wish I had seen that post of yours before I ended up sending my razor to a self confessed thief.

It would seem that my version of honesty puts me in a minority here so I will trouble you no further.

So basically what your saying is that you aren't a petty thief but an ungrateful beep.... nice jeez a piece of fruit, most people charge 20 for a hone if your lucky. I'm honing my razors atm but if I do go public please don't send me any business as I once ate a blackberry from a pick your own farm.

jds said:
.. and what gets me here is when they will barely look at, say, a courgette or an aubergine, but happily shovel in a burger made of mechanically recovered meat covered in gallons of unspecified goo.

But one tastes nice (to The Young) and is already cooked and the others don't taste at all, hardly - unless you're talking brinjal pickle, of course.

And please don't tell us to cook a courgette this way or that, add a little butter and herbs de dah - they are all but tasteless however you cook 'em - even when Helen cooks 'em.

jds said:
shakespeare said:
Gentlemen, I teach three days a week in an Academy (basically, what used to be called a Secondary Modern and - by the time I got to "big school"- a Comprehensive). Now, I know that at nearly 55, I can be considered an 'old fart' but I sometimes truly, truly and deeply despair the lack of general knowledge, basic levels of literacy and basic levels of numeracy that plague our educational system. I'm not going to go into a long rant here - I could, but I don't want to bore you all to tears! Just know, that the next time a politician (of any political flavour) stands at a podium and announces:
"...during our term of office, GCSE/A level passes at A-C grades rose from X% to XX%"
... that, by and large, it's all boll*@&s!

'Nuff said!

Thank you. I am so fed up of hearing, year on year, how much better our students are doing.
They're probably better coached in passing exams.

Bechet45 said:
Jamie is a very nice guy, helpful and generous. Jamie does a bit of pilfering from Tesco. Will both those thoughts not fit into your head simultaneously? You condemn a man for a few apples? Deport him to Australia in chains shall we?

Do I condone his behaviour re the apples? No, I don't. Is Jamie still a smashing bloke after his confession? Yes, he is, same as he was before. Would Tesco give away free apples if only the serious shop-lifting would stop? By the lorry load, I'm sure.

How many have helped themselves to a grape or three - just to test their sweetness?

We used to bring apples back from the antipodes by the thousands on tons. First cases aboard were opened and placed at each entrance to the accommodation and every entry hatch to the holds.

I have only just seen this Carl and I thank you for sticking up for me I've always seen you as a true working class warrior and a working class hero you would be someone who would have been a popular bloke in Wales I'm quite touched by your support.

I have only just seen this Carl and I thank you for sticking up for me I've always seen you as a true working class warrior and a working class hero you would be someone who would have been a popular bloke in Wales I'm quite touched by your support.

Actually, I'm very middle class - until scratched, anyway. Aneurin will ever be my all time hero of heroes. Popular in wales - now there is a thought!! I am proud to offer support to you, Jamie.

I do wonder what people get out of the weekly debate about these parts?

Who can get the better of who... when will the cliques unite... how many people end up on ignore lists... does anybody's view actual change when the dust has settled?

Edit. Re: Chris Hales comments (Post #58) - The random tangents do make me laugh though.

:icon_razz:

Well, I'm in the Nye gang. I'm NHS. In fact, I'm wearing an NHS T-Shirt right now ... the very ones we had printed for the Swine Flu epidemic (my ass!). Once a resident of South Wales (Swansea, boyo), we returned many years later. I touched the feet of dear Nye's statue as he looked on towards Castell Caerdydd.

What he said about his counterparts back then, I wonder what he would have thought of them today ... or have they changed?

"That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party that inflicted those bitter experiences on me. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. They condemned millions of first-class people to semi-starvation. Now the Tories are pouring out money in propaganda of all sorts and are hoping by this organised sustained mass suggestion to eradicate from our minds all memory of what we went through."

One way or another, you need to slather those puppies with something tasty. I've been doing a lot of roasted vegetables lately, sprinkled with soy sauce, salt and pepper, a little oil, and other spice if you like. Best way in the world to intensify the flavour of a vegetable, and add some.

Re: RE: Sad - but true

soapalchemist said:
One way or another, you need to slather those puppies with something tasty. I've been doing a lot of roasted vegetables lately, sprinkled with soy sauce, salt and pepper, a little oil, and other spice if you like. Best way in the world to intensify the flavour of a vegetable, and add some.
That's my seasoning for a good steak salt as sea salt

For steak... a good cut of rib eye, salt, freshly ground black pepper, olive oil and smoking hot pan.

Food talk... 10:42pm... hitting the kitchen for a snack.

Had the steak (top side) with mushrooms and green beans tonight, I used a smoked sea salt. It's not as strong as table salt but has a lovely flavour....

I get hungry watching kitchen nightmares... Weird but true

Back
Top Bottom