S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 18th - Friday 24th January 2014, incl.

Norfolkdick said:
My first DE shave for over a week; IMHO, 'New's' really take some beating for quality of shave, some models certainly look nicer than others but they all deliver a great shave.
I always admire the classy models that 782SirBrian shaves with.

Regards
Dick.

I have to agree the Gillette NEW's for me are top line for quality shaves. Thank you for your kind comments Dick :icon_smile:

I have one cherished Gold US new which has given me some great shaves. I've just got hold of a couple of British Long Combs - a Gillette and a 7 O'Clock. Both very nice, but tatty. If a spit and polish doesn't sort them, I'll see about re-plating - they're both worth it.

Getting on great with the Slant, using my favourite cream and balm today. Very enjoyable.

214e0ad4ef44c59b8f9b7cd6989d4137_zps525de8cf.jpg

Thursday 01-23-14. MUSIC: FOCUS - Focus III (1972).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfuSi2Un_ng[/video]

be6e7e5a-0dc8-43b1-9b93-d438631866d8_zps9e316bac.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Restored brush The Golden Nib silvertip Grade A - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Gillette Platinum #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Herbíssimo - ASL Pitralon 160 ml.

Thursday 23rd January

SOTD23114_zps88668c79.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
T&H Grafton cream scuttle lathered
Custom Mahogany TGN Finest 2 band badger (18x45)
Gillette British Bluetip Superspeed
Feather (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice Sensitive aftershave

Comfortable shave very nice. The Superspeed and the Feather worked well together effortless. The Finest knots from TGN are good, no shedding at all :icon_razz: This brush perfect for bowl lathering, the loft would need to be lower for face lathering.

Thursday

Morning, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Feather Portable with the EJDE89 handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (6)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Ancient Sedona
Aftershave: M&S Amber

Close and easy.

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Ralph Lauren "Safari"
Brush: Simpson Tulip-1 (Super)
Razor: EJ DE89 head on ATT Kronos handle
Blade: Treet Platinum (4)
AS: Ralph Lauren "Safari" EdT, followed by Village Barber balm

Another winning shave with the Safari dynamic duo. Loving this vintage soap/EdT combo. Treet blade lost its edge during the 2nd pass. Finished with a GSB.

Ahhhhh ... what a great shave!

IMG_4567.JPG

Hot Towel
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Pure Badger 23mm
Feather Artist Club SS - Feather Light [1]
Personna - Personna Stainless PTFE (Injector) [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse, Alum Wash & Witch Hazel
Quorum Aftershave/Cologne
Recipe for Men Moisturiser

Bowl Lathered
Three Pass - WTG (Feather), XTG & ATG (Personna)

Three days of growth.

I am about to swap my lovely Personna for a couple of weeks and gain a PAL Adjustable in return, so wanted to shave with it before I let it go for a while. I also wanted to keep going with my Feather Artist Club SS, this time with a Light blade. One pass with the grain.

Well, I like the Light. Some folks claim it does nothing, if not encourages bad technique, but I got on with it perfectly well. Most stubble gone, onto the Personna ...

Cross and against the grain passes, done. Lovely shave. I am really getting to grips with this Personna now - it is very different to Schicks; curiously rewarding because.

So, clean, smooth and ready to hit Friday with all I've got!

Back
Top Bottom