S.O.T.D. w/c Sat. 28th Dec. 2013 - Friday 3rd January 2014, incl.

back home and back to de

executive
polsilver si (9)
wars cream and a/s
aloe vera moisturiser
isana boar brush

very satisfying to use a de after 2 weeks of using disposable razors. skin feels great

dodgy said:
NotTheStig said:
Schick F injector
Schick Krona blade

Decent but not super-close.

No kidding......you snagged an F type eh? Those can be a tough little number to find and when you do they're usually a little bit expensive.

You need to pop one of them old Gillette blades in that thing and hold on for the ride. My favorite injector/blade combo.

See whatcha think after trying one of them sharp old blades. Here's an auction I was watching a while back::

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHICK-VINTAGE-INJECTOR-RAZOR-with-Original-Box-/231095383852?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Tr9yrF1FBLLT5gO7VkuamFOfa2c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_690wt_902
Ah, I may have got it wrong. think I have an E type (not an E type Jaguar, sadly)?

Saints be praised! I used my Schick Dial ... and ... I got a good shave out of it. At last! An injector that I got a shave out of :D

DSC04140.JPG

Hot Towel
T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Pure Badger 23mm
Schick Dial
Personna Stainless PTFE [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse, Alum & Witch Hazel
Brut Aftershave Lotion

Three Pass - 7 WTG, 3 XTG & 1 ATG/Polishing

First pass with the razor wide open and I was starting to feel like I'd shaved. With the wide blade gap, I found I could enjoy a light touch and so shave without irritation, something which has been quite the contrary so far with my experience of injectors. Second pass, I closed the gap up and this pretty much finished off the shave. I could have stopped here and enjoyed a good shave, but let's just drop the gap right down and make a very gentle final pass against the grain with a little polishing to get a really smooth shave.

Finally! I got a fine shave out of an injector. I am sure this will stand me in good stead for returning to my other injectors in due course. It also confirms to me that I much prefer a more aggressive shave from an injector.

Presently enjoying a post-shave G&T while I write up ...

Cheers, all!

fancontroller said:
782sirbrian said:
...Continued to battle with pouring the aftershave from the bottle more a gush.

Face it, Brian, that Aqua Velva ain't never gonna pour properly from the bottle. Get yourself a travel bottle and decant it into that. The stuff's too precious to let it slip down the plughole.

You guys are joking right?
That Aqua Velva is only about 2 quid a bottle!

Mr_Smartepants said:
fancontroller said:
782sirbrian said:

Face it, Brian, that Aqua Velva ain't never gonna pour properly from the bottle. Get yourself a travel bottle and decant it into that. The stuff's too precious to let it slip down the plughole.

1. Take your standard-issue Mk1 thumb.
2. Place on opening of bottle - closing a portion of the 'ole.
3. Invert bottle, with thumb in place.
4. Say "thank you, Vinny"

joe mcclaine said:
Mr_Smartepants said:
fancontroller said:
782sirbrian said:

1. Take your standard-issue Mk1 thumb.
2. Place on opening of bottle - closing a portion of the 'ole.
3. Invert bottle, with thumb in place.
4. Say "thank you, Vinny"

Obvious when you sit down after the shave and think a bit :blush:
'thank you' Vinny :icon_wink:
I'm Yorkshire man Erik don't like to waste owt :icon_twisted: and two quid becomes five with postage to UK still cheap mind :icon_razz:

Sunday

Evening, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: Derby (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Arko
Aftershave: Eau de Brut
Cologne: Terre d'Hermes

Lovely shave.

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Brush: Simpsons P8
Cream: Dr Harris - Windsor
Razor: DLC/UFO U2

Wished I had gone for my BK8 for this shave for a bit more density and luxurious floppiness. Not a bad shave.

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: L.A. Shaving Soap "Bespoke #1"
Brush: Simpson Tulip-1 (Super)
Razor: E&J DE89 head on iKon handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
AS: Village Barber balm, followed by Jovan Musk

Wow, simply wow! GSB is a wonderful sharp but silky smooth blade. BBS in 2 passes with light touchup on the chin. Zero irritation.
The LASS Bespoke #1 is absolutely lovely! The scents of gold (amber), frankincense and myrhh gave the impression that the planets aligned and a star shown down on this lucky fella for a wonderfully perfect shave. Lathered quickly and easily in my ridiculously hard water (no distilled water needed).
IMG_20131229_141336.jpg

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Crabtree & Evelin West Indian Lime
Brush: Simpson Milk Churn
Razor: Gillette Tuckaway
Blade : Polsolver Super Iridium (1)
AS: Myrsol Agua De Limon

image.php

Back
Top Bottom