S.O.T.D. w/c Sat. 28th Dec. 2013 - Friday 3rd January 2014, incl.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso Pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: Merkur 37C slant
Blade: Sputnik (1)
After: Barbershop Bay Rum, Bodyshop Arber ASB

Easy face lathering this morning with a Bay Rum theme. After using my Slim Adjustable over the last couple of days I think I get better and closer shaves with modern razors, or maybe I'm so out of practice with the Slim.
Anyhow the slant gave a smooth BBS and no irritation as usual so great result and no complaints.

Have a great Sunday, people.

SOTD20131229_zps4bb37c97.jpg

Feather AC SS non-folding
Feather AC ProGuard (2)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre, v2
Vitos Extra Super Coconut
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon's English Fern

I tried to run before I could walk and completed the full shave with the Feather. Only the one weeper, no irritation, and a very smooth result in places - an acceptable shave by my DE standards - but the technique was ugly. I'm going to be strict on myself by concentrating on one pass with perfect form, finishing with another razor, for the time being.

Unfortunately, I can see this straight shaving lark taking off. Not sure whether I can be bothered to maintain my own edge for the time being though.

The Muhle was better than yesterday. I much prefer my badgers and boars to it, for now.

Sunday, December 29th, 2013

Sunday, December 29th, 2013

150763d1388326029-sun-december-29th-sat-january-04th-sotd-29122013.jpg

Mastro Livi "Experimental Inox", 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point

• Pre-shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Pannacrema Lavandotto Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Wilkinson Bristle Brush
  • Bowl: Gerby Steel Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Mastro Livi "Experimental Inox", 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine After Shave

Sunday 12-29-13. MUSIC: John Coltrane - My Favorite Things (1961).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU[/video]

43ab950a-e5d2-4db8-98c3-4fcaa3f11036_zps758bfd48.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Chubby 2 best badger - Gillette Sheraton - Astra green #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Lavanda by Ach. Brito - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Myrsol Agua Balsámica.

Razor: iKon Slant.
Blade: Feather (1).
Pre: Myrsol Emulsion.
Brush: Simpsons Polo 8, super.
Soap: Tabac.
Aftershave: D. R. Harris Windsor.
Aftershave balm: D. R. Harris Windsor
EdT: D. R. Harris Windsor.

I hadn't shaved since Christmas Eve and the feather and slant combination worked really well together, the best result I have gotten out of the slant.

Sunday 29th December

SOTD291213_zps9c992206.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
MWF scuttle lathered
Simpson Hive Manchurian badger
Gillette 1906 Single Ring (SN 621841)
Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Aqua Velva Musk aftershave

A fine shave from the elderly single ring the oldest razor in my collection (one for johnus I know you like the pre WW1 razors). The Wool Fat soap made a mountain of lather in my scuttle I'm lucky I have moderately soft water. Continued to battle with pouring the aftershave from the bottle more a gush.

An excellent shave today with a new soap kindly given by my Secret Santa:icon_razz:

A 3 hour walk round the hills surrounding my house, followed by a long hot shower.
Spanish Fig & Nutmeg soap from the "bath house"
Whipped up with "The Grosvenor"
Feather AC SS with ProGuard blade for first pass
Fatboy with Scottish Permasharp, dialled up to 9 for second pass, down to 7 for third.
Cold rinse followed with a thick slathering of Arko Yagli Krem to calm down the wind burn on the skin.
Finished off with some Givenchy Gentleman

Somewhere between BBS and DFS, but mighty fine nonetheless.

[attachment=9192]

Attachments

• sotd2912-400.jpg
    sotd2912-400.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 24
Hi Guys, I had a shave last night prior to going out with my Wife, today we spent time indoors dong some chores.

We sat down this evening with a coffee then I just nipped upstairs and had a shave, that is the first time in 30+ years of shaving I have shaved because I wanted to not because I had to.

It was a few minutes to myself that left me feeling good.

1973 Gillette Tech, Perma sharp blade, Proraso pre shave cream, Bluebeards revenge brush with Aqua Di Parma shave cream finished off with Nivea post shave balm.

Long my I feel like this.

Cheers.

NotTheStig said:
Schick F injector
Schick Krona blade

Decent but not super-close.

No kidding......you snagged an F type eh? Those can be a tough little number to find and when you do they're usually a little bit expensive.

You need to pop one of them old Gillette blades in that thing and hold on for the ride. My favorite injector/blade combo.

See whatcha think after trying one of them sharp old blades. Here's an auction I was watching a while back::

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHICK-VINTAGE-INJECTOR-RAZOR-with-Original-Box-/231095383852?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Tr9yrF1FBLLT5gO7VkuamFOfa2c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_690wt_902

fancontroller said:
782sirbrian said:
...Continued to battle with pouring the aftershave from the bottle more a gush.

Face it, Brian, that Aqua Velva ain't never gonna pour properly from the bottle. Get yourself a travel bottle and decant it into that. The stuff's too precious to let it slip down the plughole.

I think you're right Mike a travel bottle needed. None went down the plughole though got my hand placed ready just too much product delivered :icon_rolleyes:
Put it aside 'till I find a bottle to decant to.

Back
Top Bottom