S.O.T.D. w/c Sat. 28th Dec. 2013 - Friday 3rd January 2014, incl.

Friday

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Disposable Mach 3
Blade:
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Super Max Ultimate
Aftershave: Pashana

Since I was in a real rush this morning, I went for a speedy scrape ATG with a spare Mach 3 and had a perfectly decent-looking result (though the stubble's growing back sooner, as usual). An order of Gillette Silver Blues from Adam arrived this morning, so I'll be trying one of those tomorrow.

January III

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Hand-carved Beech 24mm 2-Band Finest
Cream: Ingrams
AS: Blue Stratos
EdT: Blue Stratos

I was going to skip today's shave but I enjoy this lark too much so ploughed on regardless with grand results. I seem to be using this brush nearly all the time so I suppose it has become my 'go to'. Must get carving more this year and make an effort to take more pictures but where the camera has gone, I've no bloody idea. Ah yes, wee wifey is Australia on holiday so that's where it will be.....:s:blush:

Good evening!

IMG_4375.JPG

Shower
Olive Oil/EO PSO
Nanny's Silly Soaps Rasage Traditionnel
Pure Badger 23mm
GEM Contour (Pushbutton)
ASR 009 RD [3]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse, Alum Wash & Witch Hazel
Quorum Aftershave Cologne

Four Pass - Twice WTG, XTG & ATG

NSS Rasage Traditionell is "a spicy and exotic scent, with rosewood essential oil being the dominant note, but also containing cedarwood, citrus oils, black pepper, bergamot and others".

It's very nice, lathers up beautifully and does not dry the skin as you proceed through your shave.

The razor is also very nice, but mild. In fact, it's very mild. Four passes with the second WTG pass and XTG pass made with a little more pressure than I like.

I'll call it a presentable shave.

Cheers, all!

I am! Odd as I thought it would be quite aggressive and the lack of weight make it less easy to get the pressure right, but in fact the aggression is spot on for me and I find I can really get a lot of feedback and even apply a little pressure without incident.
Happy with your things in exchange?

Absolutely! Even with "the stinker" :D

For the Bakelite, I had thought that a piece of metal rob pushed into the handle might balance up well, drawing the head away from the face so a featherlight touch could be made.

Today's acquisitions:

Gillette Black Beauty - birth year and when the fellow selling said it was "mint" he was not kidding! What a beautiful razor! I am really going to enjoy it. He popped me in a couple of extras, including an Arko shaving stick. Very generous indeed and much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom