Tuesday 6th June 2017
SOTD 6th June.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette Tech Flat Bottom
Blade: Wilkinson Sword England (#3)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Cream: Nivea Sensitive
AS: Brut Oceans

Really enjoying my shaves using this NOS Wilkinson Sword blade, very smooth shaves. I have seen others get many shaves out of these blades, often going into double figures. I plan to see how far this one will go, I normally only use a DE blade for a maximum of 3 shaves.

18948142_1916826168558962_2666211050478632960_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 40033
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
Soap: Extro Arzachena Shaving Cream
Post: Boots Tea Tree WH, Aloe Vera Gel & Extro Arzachena aftershave/edt

Today is one of those days where everything just works together. The blade and razor is like brown sauce and bacon, perfect complements for one another. The brush on it's third use is wonderful, I had read it takes forever to break in but like all Omegas in my experience it has taken no time at all. The Extro is fantastic stuff and makes for an excellent lather and post shave splash. I think I might be a devil and see if the blade can do a fourth shave, didn't feel dull at all today.

Emit the Alum Block for a few shaves and see if that helps....I personally only use alum when i get a nick, it doesn't agree with my skin, and i have skin like a rhino.:D

06/06/17

As @Palmolive fox suggested I left the Alum out of the shave today which went as follows

Pre Shave - Cien Soap
Soap - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - DE89
Blade - Treet Durasharp (1)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel
After Shave - Nivea

Less post shave irritation than the last shave but still a fair amount nonetheless, especially when I put on the lather for the third pass. A little perplexed to what is causing it as the components as detailed above are ones I have used before without any bother. I'll disinfect/shampoo my shaving brush to see if it makes a difference.

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Executive Shave – Bay Rum cream
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Voskhod (1st use)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum then a shower followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

Tried a new blade today – the Voskhod (Teflon Coated) and I enjoyed using it – two passes and a very smooth outcome. Did not want to go against on the first use with a new blade, but will try next time. Had a mishap, me thinking ahead of the blade so got a weeper – Alum fixed it.

Boss-Mastiff-Mariner-SABI/Jaws-Pearl-Cadet Frankenrazor (L) v R41 (R). R41 smoother, Franken more aggressive and first impression is that it is more efficient. R41 definitely easier ATG on my head but Franken perfectly viable. Never had a razor smooth the moustache area near BBS in one WTG pass. The Pearl cap can be funky and impair alignment, the Boss cap with the Pearl OC baseplate works better.

335a4a49b44753d337ba1cc7e9e8d8f1.jpg

d97e673d248ad952531fe21eab781286.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
IMG_20170606_132630.jpg

S.O.T.D Tuesday 6th June (PM)

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Omega 49 Boar
Soap: Phoneix & Beau Spitfire (sample)
Bowl: Captains Choice large lather bowl Gunmetal
Razor 1: Maggard MR5 Slant (Pass 1 WTG)
Blade: Treet Durasharp #2
Razor 2: Ikon SE Handle/RazoRock Hawk Head (Pass 2 & 3 XTG)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild - Pink (#5)
Post: Alum Block, Thayer's Witch Hazel Aftershave Astringent with Aloe, 4711 Aftershave , followed by Stirling Unscented Balm.

A 2 way razor shave today for 4 days growth.
The Omega brush whipped up the P&B sample in no time. The Maggard Slant equipped with a Treet Dura Sharp took the honour of 1st pass, with the grain, smooth and efficient. I personally find the Slant more aggressive than the Maggard V3A.

The Razor Rock Hawk continued proceedings with a 2nd left & 3rd right across the grain pass. 3 weepers attained from going over some loose bumps, otherwise, this was an enjoyable close shave from both razors .

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SOTD - A couple of firsts for me too

Pre shave - Hot shower & face washed/scrubbed with Hawkins & Brimble pre shave scrub - 1st time I've used a scrub.

Brush - SWFC WildWestBrushworks with 24mm Tuxedo knot
Cream - Hawkins & Brimble - 1st ever face lather, enjoyed it.
Razor - EJ DE89 3D loaded with Gillette Silver Blue (#4) time for the bin, probably done 10 passes

Post Shave - cold water rinse, alum block, BBA balm & BBA oil on Goatee

IMG_3607.JPG

Back
Top Bottom