S.O.T.D. Saturday 3rd June to Friday 9th June 2017

@nolisco - Dante - nice - that's an erudite shave. If you like that sort of thing then Boccaccio's 'Decameron' might be of interest to you. Contemporaneous I think to the 'Divine Comedy.' A different sort of book but equally regarded as a foundation stone of modern western European literature. Just as difficult in places as Dante. If you want properly difficult I'd recommend Chaucer - in it's original middle-english. Cheers - I
Many thanks for the recommendations, I have The Canterbury Tales on my shelf but not touched it as yet. I haven't heard the other book before so I will have a look at it. My book buying is worse than my wet shaving... Many thanks again

Many thanks for the recommendations, I have The Canterbury Tales on my shelf but not touched it as yet. I haven't heard the other book before so I will have a look at it. My book buying is worse than my wet shaving... Many thanks again

@nolisco - books are good. Proper books - with paper and things. It's probably an age thing but I can't read comfortably from a screen. I don't own a television. I read quite a lot though. Boccaccio - the Decameron - a bunch of upper-class types select exile in a castle to avoid the plague in Florence. They tell - on occasion - mildly risky tales to pass the time. It has its moments. A major influence on the 'Canterbury Tales.' Chaucer is certainly worth reading - refreshingly vulgar. Doubly difficult is 'Beowulf' - to step back further - even the Seamus Heaney translation is difficult in places. I'd venture books are cheaper than razors. cheers - I

Last edited:
Stirling Arkadia
Brad Sears S7 Finest Manchurian
Tradere OC (Treet)
Terre D'Hermes AS

Regards
e8c932f49e60836835611532c8eaa1e2.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

SOTD:6th June 2017.
C.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Frank Shaving Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Nivea Men~'Originals' Cream.

Blade: Treet Platinum. (0)

Razor: Parker 98R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Blue Stratos~ A/S.

Boots~Freshwood A/S Balm.

Greetings,

In the past few weeks i've been getting some superb lather's with my synthetic brushes,they work wonderfully with either creams or soaps..today was no exception....

The Nivea Men 'Originals' cream is superb.. Only a small amount is needed to create a wonderful slick lather, which was more than enough for my shave.

Another 3 pass + pick ups effortless shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in 'old school style' with a generous splash of Blue stratos..

Enjoy your day ,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD Tuesday 6th June

Prep....Shower
Razor....Supply SE #3 plate
Blade....Personna 74 cut to size + shim #3
Soap....Stirling Coniferous , sample from @patw , thanks mate.
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA post shave balm
Smell....Oud 24 Hours

Yet another fantastic shave from the Supply / blade combo, the soap, wow.....just like shaving in a pine Forrest ...wonderful.

Have a great day people.......:)

Last edited:
View attachment 25765 SOTD Tuesday 6th June

Prep....Shower
Razor....Supply SE #3 plate
Blade....Personna 74 + shim #3
Soap....Stirling Coniferous , sample from @patw , thanks mate.
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA post shave balm
Smell....Oud 24 Hours

Yet another fantastic shave from the Supply / blade combo, the soap, wow.....just like shaving in a pine Forrest ...wonderful.

Have a great day people.......:)

Morning Paul, glad you liked the coniferous....nice photo !

Tues 6th June

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
PAL Injecto-Matic
NOS Schick Super Chrome teflon coated [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Was not quite sure what to expect of the Shave today, as using a blade from the same dispenser had a most unsatisfactory Shave in a Razor which normally delivers.

Am actually pleased at how it went, the PAL was its usual agile self, and with the good MWF lather, attained a very nice close all round Shave. Have had mixed experience with my purchase of NOS blades, some are good others notso!. Have a few more to try out,but with me starting to use AC Type Singles and a good stock of Chick/Japanese Schicks will not be seeking any more out in a hurry.

IMG_1329.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom