Hot flannel
Stroppe Shoppe Vivace bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Aristocrat 16 Gold
Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
Myrsol Antesol aftershave

Here's mine for yesterday :) I could swear I uploaded it already but can't find it now

[attachment=10791]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402066802.966583.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402066802.966583.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 18
Friday 06-06-14. MUSIC: Aztec Camera - The Best Of.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zE6VqcXbY[/video]

6f761a5d-3373-428c-ae73-c6622d9cf451_zpsc82eb915.jpg

Aleppo soap - Simpson Somerset Duke 3 best badger - Merkur 37C Slant - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mystic Water Maestrale - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

LAk3i95.jpg

Village Barber Oil
CJB Kamisori
Dorco Barber Blade (6)
Wickham Soap Company Super Smooth Southsea Spray
Omega 20102
Matchplay AS
Matchplay EdT

Having just come back from a holiday on which I had left my beard to grow, the CJB had a week's worth of growth to mow, which it duly did with no hassle whatsoever.

Friday Evening

IMG_6250.JPG

Oh, my goodness! I think this is my best shave yet!

Bulldog Face Wash
NSS Rasage Traditionnel
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Gillette Twinjector - Gillette Twin [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Blue Stratos Aftershave

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

What a shave!

I know I say that quite a lot, and it is in respect of having just had a great shave, but this was a GREAT shave!

Much thanks to NorfolkDick who very generously sent me his last Twinjector blade. His last. My first. Citing then as vicious little vampires, I proceeded with caution, which stood me in good stead for a very efficient and very close shave.

What a shave!

Just when you think there's no danger and apply just a little too much pressure, it bites! Not hard, just a little nip, just enough to release blood but not really cut. I bet with a bit of pressure it would rip and tear like a werewolf, but gently run, yes, it's a vampire.

I got two little nicks which absolutely completely and utterly disappeared in the cold rinse, not to even be mentioned in the alum wash.

What a shave!

The spicy, woody soap was so nice, complimented perfectly by the marine, fresh spice and lightly woody aftershave.

What a shave!

Dick - thank you so much. What an experience. What a shave!

[attachment=10792]

I actually got a bbs out of this team, not happen a lot but there you have it. For some unknown reason the EJ is a very very good friend with the Derby, and consistent to boot. Lovely.

mulligano said:
LAk3i95.jpg

Village Barber Oil
CJB Kamisori
Dorco Barber Blade (6)
Wickham Soap Company Super Smooth Southsea Spray
Omega 20102
Matchplay AS
Matchplay EdT

Having just come back from a holiday on which I had left my beard to grow, the CJB had a week's worth of growth to mow, which it duly did with no hassle whatsoever.

I like this brush A LOT Michael, me not getting exited about the look of shaving apparatus but this thing is a just up my street, what a looker!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402082596416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402082596416.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 19
pjgh said:
Gillette Twinjector - Gillette Twin [1]

What a shave!

I know I say that quite a lot, and it is in respect of having just had a great shave, but this was a GREAT shave!

Much thanks to NorfolkDick who very generously sent me his last Twinjector blade. His last. My first. Citing then as vicious little vampires, I proceeded with caution, which stood me in good stead for a very efficient and very close shave.

What a shave!

Just when you think there's no danger and apply just a little too much pressure, it bites! Not hard, just a little nip, just enough to release blood but not really cut. I bet with a bit of pressure it would rip and tear like a werewolf, but gently run, yes, it's a vampire.

I got two little nicks which absolutely completely and utterly disappeared in the cold rinse, not to even be mentioned in the alum wash.

What a shave!

What a shave!

Dick - thank you so much. What an experience. What a shave!

So, how was the shave? Pretty interesting how much difference a blade can make. Just like the DE that way. Those 1912 things only use paint scrapers (sold under the 'Burly Boys' brand at handyman type stores.), so that's that.

I think the twin mighta scairt poor Dick and he was glad to pass it along. Good to see you can tell the nuances of various blades.

Not to enable you in the least, but you have something to look for now. Well, one more thing. Yep, vintage injector blades.......another amazing can of woims.

The Personna74 brand is actually too sharp for me. Closest to a Feather. and even sharper than the 74 DE blade version. You would like those a lot. Heh, they're also expensive because so many people love em.

I am gonna try one of those twins in my adjustable and see what's up. You make it sound pretty damn good. Used one a while back with good results I think, but it's foggy recalling it.

Martin

Shemen Zait said:
I like this brush A LOT Michael, me not getting exited about the look of shaving apparatus but this thing is a just up my street, what a looker!

Thanks SZ!

I was very kindly sent this brush by Graeme - it was highly recommended by him and I can see why. It was already broken in and it feels unbelievably soft for such a large, unblooming boar! The handle feels properly solid as well, it's hard to think that it costs so little to be honest.

Marty - Dick's last blade was from that pack you sent him. I finished it off ... and it's not done, yet, not by a long shot! Yeah, Dick seemed to give me the sense that this was a scrape too harsh for his face, but being a window scraper myself, no, a carpet cutter in a dog dresser kind of shaver, it wasn't going to scare me. I mean, I can drop a Derby into an R41 and come up smiling :D

I've been quite down on injectors, generally. I can get a tune out of them now, but it's not great ... and to be honest, it feels a lot like a disposable shave to me. That said, disposable shaves were actually pretty good back in the Trac-II days.

Now, this blade ...

... and this handle. The first "goodness me, this is nice" shave I got from an injector was with a Personna Inject-omatic. I got on with it. Trying several Schicks, I realised that I either don't get on with them, or I need wide open mouths! The E, I get. The G is okay. The M on wide open is okay. The Gillette 'Twinjector' with a Gillette Platinum Plus (which you sent me) was just lovely! I clicked straight away and got a great shave. With a twin blade, I got heaven!

I think this was closer, more efficient and a better face feel than a Merkur 37C with a Feather.

Sensational, I'd say.

pjgh said:
The first "goodness me, this is nice" shave I got from an injector was with a Personna Inject-omatic. I got on with it. Trying several Schicks, I realised that I either don't get on with them, or I need wide open mouths! The E, I get. The G is okay. The M on wide open is okay.

I think this was closer, more efficient and a better face feel than a Merkur 37C with a Feather.

Sensational, I'd say.

You are the opposite of me. I hated those early types and my adjustable is set to a harmless #4. It's a kick seeing someone like you.....many of your posts read like fiction. As General Dreedle once said, "You are a very odd man"

Marty

Back
Top Bottom