DSC_0188_zpsimt8jbbk.jpg

Three Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
USA Made Schick Type E 3 Injector
Feather Pro Injector Blade ( Cut Down ) New
Semogue Boar Brush
Erasmic Shaving Soap (added Argan oil)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
LOGONA Mann Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

I had an outing with My USA Made Schick Type E 3 today...This one is a somewhat Rarer Model that was issued to the US Navy during the War Years...It has the Ivory Seamed Handle like the later Type G 1...The G 1 Seamed Handle was actually a Clone of these earlier E Types..I also have 2 Canadian Type E 3 s and they all shave the same in terms of Aggressiveness ....I used to think that the Canadian Type E 3 s were milder than the USA Made Type E 3s but they are not...They all shave pretty much the same...The Type E 3 injectors are far Milder than the early Type E 2 that opens....No Bones about It...I have tried Chinese Schick blades in the Type 3s and I must say that I was seriously disappointed in its performance...Too Darn Mild for my liking...:)

All personal of course but to me the Type E 3 just doesn't lick the boots from earlier Type E Injectors ....To be honest...I find the G Type to be far more efficient with a Feather Pro Blade...That said I managed to achieve a BBS with a couple of weepers on the neck...Not my favourite Schick Injector but Hey maybe I am just spoiled with some of the more Aggressive Injectors in my collection....Its a Damn Fine Shaver..:p

Billy

ztnCVPNh.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Strop Shoppe's Baker Street
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2nd)
Post #1: Saponificio Varesino Aromatic Fern After Shave Balm
Post #2: Origins Multi-benefit Moisturizer
Scent: L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme by Guerlain

Enjoyable, smooth shave this morning. The Baker Street has a few shaves left out of the tub.

image.jpeg Monday 30/11/15, 22:30

Pre-shave: left brush to soak in mug of hot water and washed face with warm water and soap.
Soap: Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna
Brush: Progress Vulfix 404
Razor: 1920 Gillette "Old Type"
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SE (yellow packet)
Post Shave: Alum block followed by Proraso aftershave balm.

This was my end of Movember shave so I wanted something a bit special, hence my decision to use the 1920 Gillette. I tried it out on Sunday night with a twice used 7 O'clock SE and Taylor of Bond Street Shaving Soap and found that 2 passes gave me a mild and close shave. My experience last night was quite different. I "debulked" my moustache first with with a Phillips beard trimmer. I also used a new blade and C&E shaving soap. I usually only do 2 passes, WTG and XTG, because I shave daily on weekdays. I found the razor quite aggressive and ended up with 3 cuts, including one weeper and razor burn under my jaw.

I think I'm retiring this razor, I had never planned to use it regularly anyway! I also need to update my avatar.

Last edited:
SOTD - 01/12/15
I know we can be prone to a bit of hyperbole in this gloriously self indulgent perfunctory passion but what a soap......brush.......razor......blade...... just everything about this shave was first class and an absolute joy. The SOC 2 band badger I'm reminded every time I use it , is such a great brush. Such is my stable of brushes I don't use it nearly enough but I'd be happy to use it forevermore.
The Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary soap loads and performs so well it really does deserve the praise it gets. The SV bowl just adds to the luxury of the soap and manages to add to the whole experience.
What more can I say about the ATT S1, I know they are expensive but d'you know those razors you do like but don't really use , sell them ; sell them all and get an ATT S1. It's as simple as that!

Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Soap and aftershave balm/splash
ATT S1
Personna 74 blade(9)
Semogue Owners Club Cherry 2 band badger
Lucky Tiger face lotion (not in pic)
f245f310df36284f1a946fca6008f272.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister
Schick F type/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS 1970)
XPEC SC (enjoying the heck outta this stuff)
Myrsol Emulsion (waves to Mr Miguel in heaven)
no EdT for some reason

BBS results,

Martin

Tus 1st Dec.
Omega 11137
Lea Classic Soap
Clemak - of London
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub / La Toja A/S.

Pulled this out of the Bureau , not used for ages. Gem Blade slots into blade holder easily . As the head is in a more horizontal plane than ER/ Gem razors , was OK getting it flat on the cheeks, harder round the neck . The hard bit was Chin & Upper Lip , as it is fairly
aggressive. No nicks or irritation , not like in my early days.

However, I managed to get a passable shave overall with a high degree of care and concentration. Don't think I will rush back to use it , I think Paul got rid of his one rather quick. It comes in a nice case, and though very light and not the easiest of Shavers , it looks easy on the eye ,as I think it is silver plated.

IMG_0023.jpg

EJ DE3D, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Ash Boar
Wickham's English Lavender
Prof Blighty Grapewood Balm
AA Bay Citrus EdT

Forgot I had this balm - magic stuff! Mojo must be back 'cos this shave was the town halls....:D

Back
Top Bottom