S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th November to Friday 4th December 2015

Time to change the landscape and recall memories of DE shave - Merkur head razor with Merkur blade, simple badger brush, Alphy & Becs Sandalwood soap (OSP is more refined and styled), Professor Blighty Lamia aftershave (I believe it to be the signature of his Keats collection)

032%20Fri%2004%20Dec%202015%202.jpg

Time to change the landscape and recall memories of DE shave - Merkur head razor with Merkur blade, simple badger brush, Alphy & Becs Sandalwood soap (OSP is more refined and styled), Professor Blighty Lamia aftershave (I believe it to be the signature of his Keats coll
ection)

032%20Fri%2004%20Dec%202015%202.jpg

LOVE that brush and razor set!

Had a very enjoyable shave this morning and got to try out some things for the first time.

Merkur MII w/ Shick cartridge: VERY pleasant handle. Well balanced albeit a fair bit towards the handle and very comfortable to hold. I had the cartridge-end of the razor in the mug with some warm water while I was soaking the brush in it and I noticed that the handle retained a lot of the warmth in it for the duration of the shave - a rather nice thing on a chilly morning.

I also got to use the Slovenian Barbus A/S for the first time this morning. This is a product that has quite a bit of history to it as the formula has not been changed since the 1950's and it can be had relatively inexpensively for $6 w/ free shipping. It's been described as an inexpensive take on Floid Blue and even though I didn't quite agree with the scent of the Barbus (to my nose it was rather medicinal smelling with a strong alcohol smell) - but I can't argue with how it feels on your skin. Very, very pleasing and even though it's been 4-5 hours since my shave this morning I can still feel the softness/smoothing effects of it on my face.

I'm getting 'used' to the ginormous 30mm Kent T12 brush but it's very close to being 'too big'. We'll see.

Hope y'all had a great shave and an even better day.

30n9qgz.jpg

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Fat Handled Tech
Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#3)
Brush - Vie-Long 04312 Cachurro Horse
Soap - Arko with Orange & Cinnamon EO
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS+

After a prolonged period of deliberation on horse hair brushes, I finally bit the bullet on the Cachurro today. Fantastic bit of kit, I'll post a review at a later date.
Blade wise, these really are top notch, extremely comfortable, especially in my much-loved Tech. It always feels like I'm shaving with a piece of jewellery.

Back
Top Bottom